Credible News
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Credible News
No Result
View All Result

CAF’s AFCON mess causes double payout confusion among bettors

Bookmakers now face a rare "double payout" scenario

Credible News by Credible News
March 19, 2026
in Conflict, Economy, Legal, Life Style, News, Sports
0
Patrice Motsepe Caf president

Patrice Motsepe CAF president

0
SHARES
8
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Confederation of African Football, CAF’s decision to award the AFCON 2025 title to Morocco following Senegal’s momentary walk-off in the final has left both bettors and betting platforms in confusion.

Two months after the controversial match, several operators have begun paying out on Morocco as winners. Firms including Paddy Power, BoyleSports, Betfair, Sky Bet and Betclic have confirmed they are settling wagers in line with CAF’s ruling, treating it as the official result.

This comes despite the fact that many bettors had already been paid out on Senegal after the January final. Sky Bet, for instance, said it would honour bets on both teams, with others taking similar steps to maintain customer trust. “We are settling bets based on the official result”, industry players indicated.

As a result, bookmakers now face a rare “double payout” scenario, highly unusual in an industry where bets are typically settled at the final whistle. The outcome has turned the AFCON 2025 final into a rare case where bettors on both sides ultimately come out as winners.

Also Read:  CAF awards AFCON 2025 final to Morocco

Meanwhile, Senegal has responded with “regret and indignation” following the African Football Confederation Appeals Jury’s decision to strip its national team of the 2025 African Champion title, the presidency announced in a statement on Wednesday.

Following the government’s response, President Bassirou Diomaye Faye has now taken direct involvement in this sports dispute, which is supposed to be managed by the Senegalese Football Federation. He has instructed the government, particularly the Minister of Sports, to “take all necessary and prompt measures” with the FSF to file appeals with the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

The CAF’s decision has sparked a strong political reaction in Dakar. Senegal intends to officially challenge the withdrawal of its 2025 African Champion title and defend its national team on the continental stage.

Senegal’s football federation has said it will appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne, describing the CAF Appeals Jury’s decision as unjust and unprecedented.

The federation added that it will continue defending what it calls the rights of Senegalese football and intends to begin legal proceedings before CAS as soon as possible.

MSN

Tags: AFCON 25CAFMoroccoSenegal
Previous Post

What Tinubu’s historic UK visit means for Nigeria

Next Post

Tinubu’s toast to King Charles and the colonialists

Credible News

Credible News

Next Post
Tinubu’s toast to King Charles and the colonialists

Tinubu's toast to King Charles and the colonialists

NRS Advertisement

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

November 18, 2024
Police warn Lagosians against economic disturbance during NLC protest

Police in Kano urges caution as Muslims begin Ramadan

March 11, 2024
Bandits kidnap students of Federal University of Gusau

Gunmen kill nine in Plateau State

October 2, 2023
In the dark: UCH’s mounting power crisis

Is UCH in darkness: Need for responsible journalism!

February 9, 2025
Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

2

ADC begins online membership registration

2
Biden arrives Israel

Biden visits Israel amidst killing of more Palestinians

1
handcuffs

Police arrests 34-year-old man for raping 90-year-old woman

1
Police operatives in Kaduna with rescued victims who were abducted by armed men in Birnin Gwari Local Government Area.

Police rescue 75 kidnap victims in Kaduna

August 21, 2026
FBI Director Kash Patel, flanked by Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche and Secretary of Health and Human Services Robert F. Kennedy Jr., speaks during a press conference at the Department of Justice in Washington, DC on Tuesday.

FBI oppose release of Tinubu’s records, cites risk to public interest

August 21, 2026
A Diphtheria patient

Rising diphtheria cases among children worry Gombe State

August 21, 2026
Meta is facing a landmark legal challenge in the United States, with 29 states accusing the company of designing Facebook and Instagram to encourage excessive use among children and teenagers

Meta faces legal challenge over children addiction

August 21, 2026

Recent News

Police operatives in Kaduna with rescued victims who were abducted by armed men in Birnin Gwari Local Government Area.

Police rescue 75 kidnap victims in Kaduna

August 21, 2026
FBI Director Kash Patel, flanked by Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche and Secretary of Health and Human Services Robert F. Kennedy Jr., speaks during a press conference at the Department of Justice in Washington, DC on Tuesday.

FBI oppose release of Tinubu’s records, cites risk to public interest

August 21, 2026
A Diphtheria patient

Rising diphtheria cases among children worry Gombe State

August 21, 2026
Meta is facing a landmark legal challenge in the United States, with 29 states accusing the company of designing Facebook and Instagram to encourage excessive use among children and teenagers

Meta faces legal challenge over children addiction

August 21, 2026
Credible News

At Credible News we seek, process and serve news, opinions and analyses that are verifiable and reliable.
We also provide readers with authentic and credible facts and figures, news, opinions and analyses to make informed choices.

Follow Us

Browse by Category

  • Accident
  • Agriculture
  • Banking
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Development
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Foreign
  • Global Trade
  • Health
  • Human Interest
  • ICT
  • Interviews
  • Legal
  • Life Style
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Trending
  • Women

Recent News

Police operatives in Kaduna with rescued victims who were abducted by armed men in Birnin Gwari Local Government Area.

Police rescue 75 kidnap victims in Kaduna

August 21, 2026
FBI Director Kash Patel, flanked by Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche and Secretary of Health and Human Services Robert F. Kennedy Jr., speaks during a press conference at the Department of Justice in Washington, DC on Tuesday.

FBI oppose release of Tinubu’s records, cites risk to public interest

August 21, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.