Credible News
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Credible News
No Result
View All Result

Prince Harry, Meghan plan return to UK for children

The Sussexes plan to relocate from the US with their children, Archie and Lilibet, while remaining private individuals.

Victor Kayode by Victor Kayode
August 20, 2026
in Entertainment, Foreign, Human Interest, Life Style, News, Travel
0
Prince Harry and Meghan

Prince Harry and Meghan

0
SHARES
2
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Prince Harry and Meghan, are planning to relocate from the United States to the United Kingdom later this month, according to reports.

The couple are expected to move into a private, non-royal residence outside London, while their children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, are set to begin at a British school in September.

King Charles was informed of the couple’s plans on Sunday. However, there are currently no plans for Harry or Meghan to resume their roles as working members of the Royal Family.

The couple’s return is expected to allow the King to spend more time with his son and grandchildren in a private and personal capacity.

Harry and Meghan, who stepped back from their royal duties in early 2020 and moved to California later that year, will continue to remain private individuals following their return.

The Prince and Princess of Wales have also reportedly been informed of the Sussexes’ plans. The planned move comes after Harry and Meghan, together with their children, visited King Charles at his Highgrove residence in Gloucestershire in July.

The meeting was described by the Palace as a private family occasion and marked the first time the King had seen his grandchildren in person in more than four years.

The visit was viewed as a significant development in relations between Harry, Meghan and the wider Royal Family, whose relationship has experienced tensions since the Sussexes stepped away from royal duties.

Harry and Meghan had not visited the UK together since 2022, when they attended the funeral of Queen Elizabeth II.

Security arrangements remain a major issue surrounding the couple’s return to Britain. Prince Harry has previously expressed concerns about the safety of his family while in the UK. He has also challenged a decision that reduced the level of publicly funded police protection available to him after he ceased to be a working royal and moved to the US.

Also Read: King Charles may remove Prince Andrew’s royal titles

Following news of the couple’s planned return, a Home Office spokesperson said decisions concerning royal security were made by the Executive Committee for the Protection of Royalty and Public Figures (Ravec).

The spokesperson added that the UK’s protective security system remained rigorous and proportionate. Harry’s latest return to Britain in July also included efforts to promote the Invictus Games, which will take place in Birmingham next year.

David Wiseman, chief programmes and strategy officer at the Invictus Games Foundation, welcomed the prospect of Harry being back in the UK ahead of the event.

He described the development as excellent news and said the foundation would benefit from having Harry in the country.

The planned relocation has also raised questions about Harry’s relationship with his brother, Prince William, with the two brothers having had limited contact in recent years.

Former press secretary to Queen Elizabeth II, Ailsa Anderson, said the Sussexes’ decision had come as a surprise and could raise questions about their relationship with other members of the Royal Family.

She suggested that Harry’s July visit to the UK, including a visit to his late mother Princess Diana’s ancestral home in Northamptonshire, may have influenced his decision to return.

Prince Harry and Meghan’s planned relocation also comes amid continuing tensions between the Duke and sections of the British press.

During his July visit, Harry faced a legal setback in a privacy case involving Associated Newspapers, publisher of the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday.

Harry and other public figures had accused the publisher of using unlawful methods to obtain information for stories, allegations that the company strongly denied.

The couple’s decision to enrol Archie and Lilibet in a British school from September is expected to be one of the biggest practical changes arising from their return.

Education Secretary Lucy Powell welcomed the family’s move and described the children’s enrolment as a positive endorsement of the UK education system.

However, she said it was unlikely that the children would attend a local state school. Despite their return to Britain, Prince Harry and Meghan are not expected to resume official royal duties, meaning they will continue their lives as private members of the Royal Family.

 

BBC

Tags: BritainDavid WisemanDuchess of SussexDuke of SussexInvictus GamesKing CharlesMeghan MarklePrince ArchiePrince HarryPrincess LilibetRoyal FamilyUK
Previous Post

Tinubu orders national security threat assessment

Next Post

83 Nigerians return from Pretoria amid relocation concerns

Victor Kayode

Victor Kayode

Next Post
A fresh batch of 83 Nigerians arrive at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, from South Africa amid concerns over attacks targeting African migrants.

83 Nigerians return from Pretoria amid relocation concerns

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NRS Advertisement

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

November 18, 2024
Police warn Lagosians against economic disturbance during NLC protest

Police in Kano urges caution as Muslims begin Ramadan

March 11, 2024
Bandits kidnap students of Federal University of Gusau

Gunmen kill nine in Plateau State

October 2, 2023
In the dark: UCH’s mounting power crisis

Is UCH in darkness: Need for responsible journalism!

February 9, 2025
Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

2

ADC begins online membership registration

2
Biden arrives Israel

Biden visits Israel amidst killing of more Palestinians

1
handcuffs

Police arrests 34-year-old man for raping 90-year-old woman

1
A fresh batch of 83 Nigerians arrive at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, from South Africa amid concerns over attacks targeting African migrants.

83 Nigerians return from Pretoria amid relocation concerns

August 20, 2026
Prince Harry and Meghan

Prince Harry, Meghan plan return to UK for children

August 20, 2026
His Excellence President Bola Ahmed Tinubu

Tinubu orders national security threat assessment

August 20, 2026
Federal Executive Council meeting at the Presidential Villa, Abuja

FEC approves new biotechnology policy, bioenergy plan

August 20, 2026

Recent News

A fresh batch of 83 Nigerians arrive at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, from South Africa amid concerns over attacks targeting African migrants.

83 Nigerians return from Pretoria amid relocation concerns

August 20, 2026
Prince Harry and Meghan

Prince Harry, Meghan plan return to UK for children

August 20, 2026
His Excellence President Bola Ahmed Tinubu

Tinubu orders national security threat assessment

August 20, 2026
Federal Executive Council meeting at the Presidential Villa, Abuja

FEC approves new biotechnology policy, bioenergy plan

August 20, 2026
Credible News

At Credible News we seek, process and serve news, opinions and analyses that are verifiable and reliable.
We also provide readers with authentic and credible facts and figures, news, opinions and analyses to make informed choices.

Follow Us

Browse by Category

  • Accident
  • Agriculture
  • Banking
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Development
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Foreign
  • Global Trade
  • Health
  • Human Interest
  • ICT
  • Interviews
  • Legal
  • Life Style
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Trending
  • Women

Recent News

A fresh batch of 83 Nigerians arrive at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, from South Africa amid concerns over attacks targeting African migrants.

83 Nigerians return from Pretoria amid relocation concerns

August 20, 2026
Prince Harry and Meghan

Prince Harry, Meghan plan return to UK for children

August 20, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.