Credible News
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Credible News
No Result
View All Result

Sahad Stores gets off the hook after closure for price extortion

Credible News by Credible News
February 17, 2024
in Development, Economy, Global Trade, Legal, News
0
Sahad Supermarket

Sahad Supermarket

0
SHARES
2
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission, FCCPC, has reopened the head office of Sahad Stores previously sealed for extorting from customers and lack of transparency in  pricing practices.

The Acting Executive Vice Chairman of FCCPC, Dr Adamu Abdullahi, said this in a statement in Abuja on Saturday.

Abdullahi said the reopening followed a mutual understanding and commitment from the store to implement transparent pricing practices.

He said the Commission was aware that similar practices might be happening at other Fast-Moving Consumer Goods, FMCG, outlets nationwide.

Abdullahi advised supermarkets or outlets engaging in customers extortion to desist from such practices immediately to avoid consequences.

”Businesses are expected to display transparent pricing information to empower consumers to make informed purchasing decisions, especially during challenging economic times.

 

READ ALSO:

FCCPC seals Sahad supermarket for customers extortion, price misleading

”The FCCPC remains committed to combating all forms of exploitative or misleading practices that undermine consumer rights.

”The FCCPA protects consumer rights and prohibits deceptive business practices.

”Section 115 outlines potential penalties for violations, including fines for organisations and imprisonment for directors.

”The FCCPC encourages all businesses to adhere to fair and transparent pricing practices to ensure consumer protection and a healthy market environment,” the acting executive vice chairman said.

Credible News reports that the Commission had on Friday sealed the supermarket for customers extortion and lack of transparency in prices.

Credible news.ng

Tags: Credible NewsFast-Moving Consumer GoodsFCCPCFMCGSahad storestransparency
Previous Post

Ogun CP seeks independent body to monitor complaints against police

Next Post

China foreign minister warns against decoupling at Munich Security Conference

Credible News

Credible News

Next Post
Chinese foreign minister Wang Yi

China foreign minister warns against decoupling at Munich Security Conference

NRS Advertisement

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

November 18, 2024
Police warn Lagosians against economic disturbance during NLC protest

Police in Kano urges caution as Muslims begin Ramadan

March 11, 2024
Bandits kidnap students of Federal University of Gusau

Gunmen kill nine in Plateau State

October 2, 2023
In the dark: UCH’s mounting power crisis

Is UCH in darkness: Need for responsible journalism!

February 9, 2025
Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

2

ADC begins online membership registration

2
Biden arrives Israel

Biden visits Israel amidst killing of more Palestinians

1
handcuffs

Police arrests 34-year-old man for raping 90-year-old woman

1
Governor of the CBN, Olayemi Cardoso

CBN urges wider use of alternative payment channels

August 20, 2026
Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, HCSF, Mrs. Didi Walson-Jack

Walson-Jack urges media to sustain scrutiny of civil service

August 20, 2026
Ademola Adeleke in office

APC chieftain commends Adeleke’s victims support fund

August 20, 2026
FCT Minister Nyesom Wike inspects the ongoing construction of Arterial Road N16 in Abuja and orders the immediate demolition of about 30 buildings allegedly encroaching on the Ring Road III corridor in Karsana.

Wike orders demolition of 30 illegal buildings in Karsana

August 20, 2026

Recent News

Governor of the CBN, Olayemi Cardoso

CBN urges wider use of alternative payment channels

August 20, 2026
Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, HCSF, Mrs. Didi Walson-Jack

Walson-Jack urges media to sustain scrutiny of civil service

August 20, 2026
Ademola Adeleke in office

APC chieftain commends Adeleke’s victims support fund

August 20, 2026
FCT Minister Nyesom Wike inspects the ongoing construction of Arterial Road N16 in Abuja and orders the immediate demolition of about 30 buildings allegedly encroaching on the Ring Road III corridor in Karsana.

Wike orders demolition of 30 illegal buildings in Karsana

August 20, 2026
Credible News

At Credible News we seek, process and serve news, opinions and analyses that are verifiable and reliable.
We also provide readers with authentic and credible facts and figures, news, opinions and analyses to make informed choices.

Follow Us

Browse by Category

  • Accident
  • Agriculture
  • Banking
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Development
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Foreign
  • Global Trade
  • Health
  • Human Interest
  • ICT
  • Interviews
  • Legal
  • Life Style
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Trending
  • Women

Recent News

Governor of the CBN, Olayemi Cardoso

CBN urges wider use of alternative payment channels

August 20, 2026
Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, HCSF, Mrs. Didi Walson-Jack

Walson-Jack urges media to sustain scrutiny of civil service

August 20, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.