Credible News
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Credible News
No Result
View All Result

NSCDC nabs eight suspects for abduction, illegal mining in Akwa Ibom

Credible News by Credible News
January 11, 2024
in Crime, Legal, News, Security
0
NSCDC

NSCDC

0
SHARES
2
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, Akwa Ibom Command has apprehended eight suspects for offences ranging from abduction of minor, child labour and illegal mining in different operations in the State.

The State Commandant of NSCDC, Mr Eluyemi Eluwade, disclosed this on Thursday while addressing newsmen at the command’s headquarters in Uyo.

Eluwade, through credible intelligence stated that the command received report of abduction of a 14-years-old Wisdom Ifiok, who was declared missing since January 2023.

He said that the command on Jan. 4, raided a residence in Ndon Ebom in Uruan Local Government Area of the state where the boy was kept and arrested seven suspects in connection of the abduction.

“We received a credible intelligence about a 14 years old boy, Wisdom Aniekpeno Ifiok, who had been declared missing since January, 2023.

 

READ ALSO : NSCDC decorates 950 promoted officers in Kwara

“On Monday, Jan. 4, 2024, my personnel raided the apartment where he was seen in Ndon Ebom village in Uruan LGA and arrested 7 suspects.

“The minor was taken for one year without the consent of his parents and was used to carry out fishing activities in riverine areas up to the high sea into Cameroon.

“The key suspect, who was the master to the minor, Mr Otobong Anietie Udoekong, is currently undergoing interrogation for criminal conspiracy, abduction of a minor and subjecting the victim to child labour.

“Other suspects are being profiled to ascertain their level of involvement”, Eluwade said.

Eluwade added that the command, on another operation on Jan. 5, arrested one Peter Okon, who was carrying out mining activities along Ekpri Nsukara in Uyo without mining license.

The commandant disclosed that the command impounded two tipper trucks and a Peugeot car during the raid.

He therefore, warned that mining without license was illegal, stressing that illegal miners did not take the environment into consideration as their activity endangered lives and robbed government of revenues.

The commandant reiterated that the Corps would not rest on its oars in combating illegal mining in Akwa Ibom.

Eluwade further called on Akwa Ibom people and residents to shun all forms of crimes as the command would not hesitate to arrest and prosecute all criminals to keep the State safe.

The commandant said the suspects involved in the abduction and child labour would be handed over to relevant agencies on conclusion of profiling and investigation, while the illegal miner would be charged to Court.

 

Credible news.ng

Tags: Akwa Ibom StateMr Eluyemi EluwadeMr Otobong Anietie UdoekongNSCDC
Previous Post

Chris Christie drops out of US Republican race

Next Post

Somalia steps up effort to rescue UN helicopter hostages

Credible News

Credible News

Next Post
Somalia steps up effort to rescue UN helicopter hostages

Somalia steps up effort to rescue UN helicopter hostages

NRS Advertisement

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

November 18, 2024
Police warn Lagosians against economic disturbance during NLC protest

Police in Kano urges caution as Muslims begin Ramadan

March 11, 2024
Bandits kidnap students of Federal University of Gusau

Gunmen kill nine in Plateau State

October 2, 2023
In the dark: UCH’s mounting power crisis

Is UCH in darkness: Need for responsible journalism!

February 9, 2025
Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

2

ADC begins online membership registration

2
Biden arrives Israel

Biden visits Israel amidst killing of more Palestinians

1
handcuffs

Police arrests 34-year-old man for raping 90-year-old woman

1
The incident at the World Cup final

FIFA impose match ban on Argentine players

August 21, 2026
Bukayo Saka celebrates his goal with teammate against Coventry

Arsenal begins title defence, beats Coventry 3-0

August 21, 2026
Founder of Iru Ekun Security Network, Chief Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho (left), with the Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Ogunwusi (right), during a meeting to discuss security and ways to sustain peace and communal stability across the South-West region.

South-West rulers turn to Igboho in fresh security push

August 21, 2026
George Nwabueze, in red cap, has been declared wanted by ICPC.

Tinubu suspends three permanent secretaries

August 21, 2026

Recent News

The incident at the World Cup final

FIFA impose match ban on Argentine players

August 21, 2026
Bukayo Saka celebrates his goal with teammate against Coventry

Arsenal begins title defence, beats Coventry 3-0

August 21, 2026
Founder of Iru Ekun Security Network, Chief Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho (left), with the Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Ogunwusi (right), during a meeting to discuss security and ways to sustain peace and communal stability across the South-West region.

South-West rulers turn to Igboho in fresh security push

August 21, 2026
George Nwabueze, in red cap, has been declared wanted by ICPC.

Tinubu suspends three permanent secretaries

August 21, 2026
Credible News

At Credible News we seek, process and serve news, opinions and analyses that are verifiable and reliable.
We also provide readers with authentic and credible facts and figures, news, opinions and analyses to make informed choices.

Follow Us

Browse by Category

  • Accident
  • Agriculture
  • Banking
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Development
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Foreign
  • Global Trade
  • Health
  • Human Interest
  • ICT
  • Interviews
  • Legal
  • Life Style
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Trending
  • Women

Recent News

The incident at the World Cup final

FIFA impose match ban on Argentine players

August 21, 2026
Bukayo Saka celebrates his goal with teammate against Coventry

Arsenal begins title defence, beats Coventry 3-0

August 21, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.