Credible News
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Credible News
No Result
View All Result

Senegal suspends mobile internet again amid election crisis

Credible News by Credible News
February 13, 2024
in Conflict, Foreign, News, Politics
0
Telecommunication mast

Telecommunication mast

0
SHARES
3
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Mobile internet access in Senegal was suspended on Tuesday for the second time this month, the communications ministry said, after authorities banned a march against the delay to February’s presidential election.

President Macky Sall’s decision to push back the February 25 vote until December plunged Senegal into a crisis which has seen three dead amid clashes between protesters and security forces.

“Due to the dissemination on social networks of several subversive hate messages that have already provoked violent demonstrations… mobile data is suspended this Tuesday 13 February,” the Ministry of Communication, Telecommunications and Digital Energy said in a statement.

Access to mobile data had already been temporarily restricted eight days ago when parliament backed Sall’s decision to postpone the election.

READ ALSO:

Senegal braces for fresh protests over election row

This decision was severely criticized by rights activists and Senegal’s major international partners, including the United States and the European Union.

Access was restored again on Wednesday.

The move to cut mobile internet was a repeat of a move last June, where Senegal’s government restricted access amid high tensions in the country.

The measure has become a common response to curb mobilisation and communication via social networks, strongly condemned by rights activists.

Credible news.ng

Tags: Credible NewsElectionHigh tensionInternet accessSenegal
Previous Post

Breaking: Akpabio swears in newly elected senators

Next Post

Three senators take oath of office

Credible News

Credible News

Next Post
Senate in Session.

Three senators take oath of office

NRS Advertisement

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

November 18, 2024
Police warn Lagosians against economic disturbance during NLC protest

Police in Kano urges caution as Muslims begin Ramadan

March 11, 2024
Bandits kidnap students of Federal University of Gusau

Gunmen kill nine in Plateau State

October 2, 2023
In the dark: UCH’s mounting power crisis

Is UCH in darkness: Need for responsible journalism!

February 9, 2025
Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

2

ADC begins online membership registration

2
Biden arrives Israel

Biden visits Israel amidst killing of more Palestinians

1
handcuffs

Police arrests 34-year-old man for raping 90-year-old woman

1
Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke's convoy attacked during a visit to the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Oyetunji.

Gun attack on Adeleke’s convoy is false – Davido

August 19, 2026
Kenya Red Cross emergency responders take part in a rescue and recovery operation at the scene of the helicopter crash that killed Ecuador’s intelligence chief Michele Sensi-Contugi, his wife and five others

Ecuador’s intelligence chief, wife die in helicopter crash

August 19, 2026
Paul Pogba

Paul Pogba leaves Monaco after just six games

August 19, 2026
Power and Energy

Akwa Ibom takes over electricity regulation from NERC

August 19, 2026

Recent News

Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke's convoy attacked during a visit to the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Oyetunji.

Gun attack on Adeleke’s convoy is false – Davido

August 19, 2026
Kenya Red Cross emergency responders take part in a rescue and recovery operation at the scene of the helicopter crash that killed Ecuador’s intelligence chief Michele Sensi-Contugi, his wife and five others

Ecuador’s intelligence chief, wife die in helicopter crash

August 19, 2026
Paul Pogba

Paul Pogba leaves Monaco after just six games

August 19, 2026
Power and Energy

Akwa Ibom takes over electricity regulation from NERC

August 19, 2026
Credible News

At Credible News we seek, process and serve news, opinions and analyses that are verifiable and reliable.
We also provide readers with authentic and credible facts and figures, news, opinions and analyses to make informed choices.

Follow Us

Browse by Category

  • Accident
  • Agriculture
  • Banking
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Development
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Foreign
  • Global Trade
  • Health
  • Human Interest
  • ICT
  • Interviews
  • Legal
  • Life Style
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Trending
  • Women

Recent News

Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke's convoy attacked during a visit to the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Oyetunji.

Gun attack on Adeleke’s convoy is false – Davido

August 19, 2026
Kenya Red Cross emergency responders take part in a rescue and recovery operation at the scene of the helicopter crash that killed Ecuador’s intelligence chief Michele Sensi-Contugi, his wife and five others

Ecuador’s intelligence chief, wife die in helicopter crash

August 19, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.