Credible News
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Credible News
No Result
View All Result

Death toll in Kano mosque bombing hits 21

Credible News by Credible News
May 31, 2024
in Crime, Human Interest, News, Religion, Security
0
Death toll in Kano mosque bombing hits 21

Kano mosque attack

0
SHARES
2
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The death toll in the May 15 bombing of a mosque at Gadan village, Gezawa Local Government Area of Kano State, has reportedly risen to 21.

It was learnt on Thursday that four more victims of the incident had died, raising the figure to 21 from the 17 reported last week Tuesday, May 21.

A total of 25 early-morning worshippers were injured in the mosque bombing attack. While one person died on the date of the incident, 20 have died at the Muhammed Specialists Hospital, Kano, where they had been receiving treatment, leaving only four surviving.

The Chairman of Friends of the Hospital, Alhaji Bature AbdulAziz, revealed the latest development on Thursday, when he led some members of the Kano Business Community on a sympathy visit to the four remaining victims of the attack at the hospital.

A 38-year-old man, Shafi’u Abubakar, had attacked the mosque with a locally-fabricated bomb, injuring many.

We have so far lost 21 persons and we are left with only four other patients in the hospital,” AbdulAziz disclosed.

READ ALSO: Military court martials 12 personnel over Tudun Biri bombing incident – DHQ

He commended the management of the hospital, for taking good medical care of the victims.

Abdul’Aziz, who is also the National President of the Patriotic Elders Forum, also commended the Deputy President of the Senate, Barau Jibrin, the wife of the President, Senator Oluremi Tinubu, Kano State Government, the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Dr. Abdullahi Ganduje, and many others, for their donations to the victims.

He also thanked the Kano Business Community for donating N80,000 to each of the victims and also giving N20,000 to so many other patients currently on admission at the hospital.

The Kano State Governor, Abba Yusuf, had ordered the prosecution of the bombing mastermind before the Shariah Court, vowing that he would not hesitate to sign the death warrant if the suspect is convicted and sentenced to death.

The police said the suspect explained that “his action was purely in hostility, following a prolonged family disagreement over the sharing of inheritance of which those that he alleged to have cheated on him were in the mosque at that moment and he did that for his voice to be heard.”

On Tuesday, May 21, the suspect was taken before an Upper Shari’a Court sitting in Rijiyar Zaki, Kano, where he was arraigned on three counts bordering on “grievous hurt and culpable homicide”.

The Kano State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Haruna Dederi, who appeared as the prosecution counsel, told the court that the defendant that at about 5:15 am on May 15, 2024, the defendant used petrol to set a mosque at Gadan Village on fire during subhi (dawn) prayer.

Credible News.ng

Tags: Credible NewsDeath tollKano mosque attack
Previous Post

Governor Uzodimma condemns soldiers’ murder in Abia, task security agencies to arrest killers

Next Post

Kwara Deputy Governor commissions Jebba water scheme

Credible News

Credible News

Next Post
Kwara Deputy Governor commissions Jebba water scheme

Kwara Deputy Governor commissions Jebba water scheme

NRS Advertisement

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

November 18, 2024
Police warn Lagosians against economic disturbance during NLC protest

Police in Kano urges caution as Muslims begin Ramadan

March 11, 2024
Bandits kidnap students of Federal University of Gusau

Gunmen kill nine in Plateau State

October 2, 2023
In the dark: UCH’s mounting power crisis

Is UCH in darkness: Need for responsible journalism!

February 9, 2025
Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

2

ADC begins online membership registration

2
Biden arrives Israel

Biden visits Israel amidst killing of more Palestinians

1
handcuffs

Police arrests 34-year-old man for raping 90-year-old woman

1
Zolani Tete celebrates after beating Jason Cunningham after their super-bantamweight fight in 2022

Assailants murder Tete, former boxing champion

August 22, 2026
Basic Life Support, BLS, training for health workers

FCTA trains health workers to strengthen emergency care

August 22, 2026
CONCACAF President Victor Montagliani and FIFA President Gianni Infantino during the 2026 FIFA Congress

CONCACAF asks Infantino to shun youth event amid FIFA crisis

August 22, 2026
Bella Okagbue and Sheggz

Bella Okagbue speaks on Sheggz breakup, marriage plans

August 22, 2026

Recent News

Zolani Tete celebrates after beating Jason Cunningham after their super-bantamweight fight in 2022

Assailants murder Tete, former boxing champion

August 22, 2026
Basic Life Support, BLS, training for health workers

FCTA trains health workers to strengthen emergency care

August 22, 2026
CONCACAF President Victor Montagliani and FIFA President Gianni Infantino during the 2026 FIFA Congress

CONCACAF asks Infantino to shun youth event amid FIFA crisis

August 22, 2026
Bella Okagbue and Sheggz

Bella Okagbue speaks on Sheggz breakup, marriage plans

August 22, 2026
Credible News

At Credible News we seek, process and serve news, opinions and analyses that are verifiable and reliable.
We also provide readers with authentic and credible facts and figures, news, opinions and analyses to make informed choices.

Follow Us

Browse by Category

  • Accident
  • Agriculture
  • Banking
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Development
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Foreign
  • Global Trade
  • Health
  • Human Interest
  • ICT
  • Interviews
  • Legal
  • Life Style
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Trending
  • Women

Recent News

Zolani Tete celebrates after beating Jason Cunningham after their super-bantamweight fight in 2022

Assailants murder Tete, former boxing champion

August 22, 2026
Basic Life Support, BLS, training for health workers

FCTA trains health workers to strengthen emergency care

August 22, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.