Credible News
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Credible News
No Result
View All Result

Iranian missile strikes Al-Udeid U.S. base in Qatar

Doha confirms one projectile intercepted as second hits military facility without casualties

admin by admin
March 4, 2026
in Conflict, Human Interest, News, Security
0
Iranian missiles strike Al-Udeid U.S. base in Qatar

Iranian missiles strike Al-Udeid U.S. base in Qatar

0
SHARES
16
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

A ballistic missile fired from Iran has struck Al-Udeid Air Base in Qatar, the largest U.S. military base in the Middle East, the Qatari Ministry of Defence said on Tuesday.

The ministry said in a statement that the country had been targeted by two ballistic missiles launched from Iran.

“Air defense systems successfully intercepted one of the missiles, while the second missile struck Al-Udeid Qatari Base without causing any casualties.”

The ministry did not provide any information on the exact impact site of the missile or possible damage.

Al-Udeid, which is also used by Qatari and British forces, is located on the outskirts of Doha and serves as a critical hub for regional military coordination.

Also Read: Arab leaders deliver tough talk at Qatar summit

Iran had already attacked the base last year in retaliation for the U.S. bombing of Iranian nuclear facilities. The Iranian military said the latest strike was in response to joint U.S.-Israeli attacks carried out across Iran on Saturday.

Al-Udeid is one of the most important U.S. bases in the Middle East. According to reports, around 10,000 soldiers and civilian personnel are normally stationed there. The base functions as a forward operating headquarters for American forces across the region.

The headquarters of the U.S. regional command for the Middle East, United States Central Command, CENTCOM, is located in Tampa, Florida.

U.S. defence officials said force protection levels across American installations in the Gulf had been elevated following the strike, with additional surveillance and missile defence assets activated as a precautionary measure.

Regional observers noted that Qatar hosts one of Washington’s most strategic military partnerships in the Middle East, making any direct attack on its territory highly sensitive diplomatically and militarily.

There was no immediate confirmation of structural damage at the base, but satellite imagery and further assessments are expected to clarify the extent of the impact in the coming days.

Recall that tensions sharply escalated over the weekend after coordinated U.S.-Israeli strikes reportedly targeted military and nuclear-linked facilities inside Iran. Tehran had vowed retaliation, describing the attacks as a violation of its sovereignty and warning that American assets in the region would be considered legitimate targets.

The latest strike on Al-Udeid marks one of the most direct confrontations between Iran and U.S. forces in recent months, heightening fears of a wider regional conflict involving multiple state and non-state actors.

dpa/NAN

Tags: Al-Udeid Air BaseIranQatarU.S.-Israeli
Previous Post

Military debunks viral reports of 20 soldiers’ deaths

Next Post

Fagbemi takes over Malami’s terrorism trial

admin

admin

Next Post
The Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Lateef Fagbemi

Fagbemi takes over Malami’s terrorism trial

NRS Advertisement

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

November 18, 2024
Police warn Lagosians against economic disturbance during NLC protest

Police in Kano urges caution as Muslims begin Ramadan

March 11, 2024
Bandits kidnap students of Federal University of Gusau

Gunmen kill nine in Plateau State

October 2, 2023
In the dark: UCH’s mounting power crisis

Is UCH in darkness: Need for responsible journalism!

February 9, 2025
Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

2

ADC begins online membership registration

2
Biden arrives Israel

Biden visits Israel amidst killing of more Palestinians

1
handcuffs

Police arrests 34-year-old man for raping 90-year-old woman

1
Governor of the CBN, Olayemi Cardoso

CBN urges wider use of alternative payment channels

August 20, 2026
Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, HCSF, Mrs. Didi Walson-Jack

Walson-Jack urges media to sustain scrutiny of civil service

August 20, 2026
Ademola Adeleke in office

APC chieftain commends Adeleke’s victims support fund

August 20, 2026
FCT Minister Nyesom Wike inspects the ongoing construction of Arterial Road N16 in Abuja and orders the immediate demolition of about 30 buildings allegedly encroaching on the Ring Road III corridor in Karsana.

Wike orders demolition of 30 illegal buildings in Karsana

August 20, 2026

Recent News

Governor of the CBN, Olayemi Cardoso

CBN urges wider use of alternative payment channels

August 20, 2026
Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, HCSF, Mrs. Didi Walson-Jack

Walson-Jack urges media to sustain scrutiny of civil service

August 20, 2026
Ademola Adeleke in office

APC chieftain commends Adeleke’s victims support fund

August 20, 2026
FCT Minister Nyesom Wike inspects the ongoing construction of Arterial Road N16 in Abuja and orders the immediate demolition of about 30 buildings allegedly encroaching on the Ring Road III corridor in Karsana.

Wike orders demolition of 30 illegal buildings in Karsana

August 20, 2026
Credible News

At Credible News we seek, process and serve news, opinions and analyses that are verifiable and reliable.
We also provide readers with authentic and credible facts and figures, news, opinions and analyses to make informed choices.

Follow Us

Browse by Category

  • Accident
  • Agriculture
  • Banking
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Development
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Foreign
  • Global Trade
  • Health
  • Human Interest
  • ICT
  • Interviews
  • Legal
  • Life Style
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Trending
  • Women

Recent News

Governor of the CBN, Olayemi Cardoso

CBN urges wider use of alternative payment channels

August 20, 2026
Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, HCSF, Mrs. Didi Walson-Jack

Walson-Jack urges media to sustain scrutiny of civil service

August 20, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.