Credible News
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Credible News
No Result
View All Result

Iran rejects Trump’s claim on ceasefire request

Credible News by Credible News
April 1, 2026
in Conflict, Foreign, Human Interest, News
0
Iran rejects Trump’s claim on ceasefire request

President Trump and King Charles at Windsor Castle last year

0
SHARES
5
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Iran has rejected President Donald Trump’s claims that the “new regime president” requested a ceasefire.

In a Truth Social post, he claimed that the new leader, who was “much less radicalised” than his predecessor, had requested that both sides end hostilities to strike a peace agreement.

It is unclear which senior Iranian official he was referring to. Mojtaba Khamenei is Iran’s new supreme leader, and Masoud Pezeshkian has been president since 2024.

Mr Trump added that the US would be “blasting Iran into oblivion or, as they say, back to the Stone Ages” if the Strait of Hormuz was not opened.

Tehran’s foreign ministry spokesperson said Mr Trump’s statements were false and baseless, Iranian state TV reports.

The aircraft carrier USS George HW Bush is slated to go to the Middle East, along with three destroyers, officials said. The carrier strike group consists of more than 6,000 sailors. Thousands of soldiers from the 82nd Airborne Division have also begun arriving, according to other US officials.

Mr Trump also told The Telegraph that Nato was a “paper tiger” and that taking the US out was now “beyond reconsideration”.

King would have backed me up on Iran, Trump claims

Meanwhile, President Trump has claimed the King would have backed him up over the war in Iran when Sir Keir Starmer did not.

The US president told The Telegraph the King would have taken a “different stand” from the prime minister.

“I like him. I always liked him as a prince. He’s a good man, a great representative for your country,” Mr Trump said when asked about the King’s forthcoming US state visit.

“I think he would have taken a very different stand [on the war in Iran] but he doesn’t do that. I mean, he’s a great gentleman.”

Referring to the breakdown in US-UK relations over the war, Mr Trump acknowledged that the King had “nothing to do with this”.

“He’s a wonderful and brave man, to be honest with you. He’s been through a lot, in many ways,” he said.

 

Independent

Previous Post

Starmer rebuffs Trump on NATO exit remarks

Next Post

DSS arrests ammunition courier, uncovers supply route

Credible News

Credible News

Next Post
DSS arrests ammunition courier, uncovers supply route

DSS arrests ammunition courier, uncovers supply route

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

November 18, 2024
Police warn Lagosians against economic disturbance during NLC protest

Police in Kano urges caution as Muslims begin Ramadan

March 11, 2024
In the dark: UCH’s mounting power crisis

Is UCH in darkness: Need for responsible journalism!

February 9, 2025
Tiktok

Court remands Tik Toker for posting President Tinubu’s obituary

July 25, 2025
Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

2

ADC begins online membership registration

2
Biden arrives Israel

Biden visits Israel amidst killing of more Palestinians

1
handcuffs

Police arrests 34-year-old man for raping 90-year-old woman

1
Mustapha Abdullahi in the EFCC net

EFCC arrests Energy Commission boss for fraud

May 13, 2026
World Bank stakes $65m to enhance skills in varsities

World Bank stakes $65m to enhance skills in varsities

May 13, 2026

Amusan wins gold at Accra meet

May 13, 2026

Tinubu arrives Kigali for Africa CEO Forum

May 13, 2026

Recent News

Mustapha Abdullahi in the EFCC net

EFCC arrests Energy Commission boss for fraud

May 13, 2026
World Bank stakes $65m to enhance skills in varsities

World Bank stakes $65m to enhance skills in varsities

May 13, 2026

Amusan wins gold at Accra meet

May 13, 2026

Tinubu arrives Kigali for Africa CEO Forum

May 13, 2026
Credible News

At Credible News we seek, process and serve news, opinions and analyses that are verifiable and reliable.
We also provide readers with authentic and credible facts and figures, news, opinions and analyses to make informed choices.

Follow Us

Browse by Category

  • Accident
  • Agriculture
  • Banking
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Development
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Foreign
  • Global Trade
  • Health
  • Human Interest
  • ICT
  • Interviews
  • Legal
  • Life Style
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Trending
  • Women

Recent News

Mustapha Abdullahi in the EFCC net

EFCC arrests Energy Commission boss for fraud

May 13, 2026
World Bank stakes $65m to enhance skills in varsities

World Bank stakes $65m to enhance skills in varsities

May 13, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.