Credible News
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Credible News
No Result
View All Result

Israel ready to withdraw from Lebanon

Agreement ends four days of US‑mediated negotiations

admin by admin
June 27, 2026
in Foreign, News, Politics, Security
0
US Secretary of State Marco Rubio looks on as State Department Counselor Daniel Holler, Israel's Ambassador to the U.S. Yechiel Leiter and Lebanon's Ambassador to the U.S. Nada Hamadeh sign a framework agreement between Israel and Lebanon, at the State Department in Washington, DC

US Secretary of State Marco Rubio looks on as State Department Counselor Daniel Holler, Israel's Ambassador to the U.S. Yechiel Leiter and Lebanon's Ambassador to the U.S. Nada Hamadeh sign a framework agreement between Israel and Lebanon, at the State Department in Washington, DC

0
SHARES
2
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Israel will withdraw from two areas in southern Lebanon, transferring the sites to the Lebanese military, according to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, under a newly signed agreement after four days of talks in Washington.

The negotiations led to a trilateral deal between Israel, Lebanon and the US that will enable “future agreement” in an effort to reach a broader peace agreement, according to a senior Israeli official.

As the agreement was signed, Lebanon’s Ambassador to the US, Nada Hamadeh Moawad, said the agreement would be the “first step on the road to restoring Lebanese sovereignty and territorial integrity.”

Netanyahu said one of the areas from which the Israel Defense Forces, IDF, will pull back its forces is north of the Litani River, while a second is south of the river. The Israeli-occupied territory in southern Lebanon includes the area south of the Litani River.

In a pre-recorded video statement on Friday evening, Netanyahu described the movement of Israeli forces as leaving sites that the IDF “does not need” in Lebanon.

The US State Department was hosting a fifth round of talks between Israel and Lebanon into an attempt by the Trump administration to reach a broader agreement between the two countries that have never had diplomatic relations.

Today is “the beginning of the beginning,” US Secretary of State Marco Rubio said at the signing ceremony.

“There’s a lot of work ahead. We don’t, in any way, underestimate the difficulty of the task ahead. But we understand the importance of it, how vital it is. And we are honored to play a part in bringing this together,” Rubio said.

The Lebanese Armed Forces will move into these areas as part of a pilot program that was part of the latest ceasefire agreement between the two countries.

CNN previously reported that Israel is considering “symbolic” withdrawals from occupied territory in southern Lebanon as part of the talks as a “gesture” to the Lebanese government.

Also Read: Israeli strike on Lebanon may derail US-Iran peace efforts

On Thursday, the IDF said it would “temporarily” reduce its forces in Lebanon, but the statement provided to CNN made no mention of pulling back from territory. One day earlier, the Israeli defense minister said the military would not withdraw from Lebanon even if the US demands it.

Netanyahu described the agreement as a major win for Israel, allowing Israel to remain in much of the territory it occupies in southern Lebanon and holding it as long as Hezbollah is not disarmed.

“This is also a major blow to Iran,” Netanyahu said. “Iran is trying to force us into a withdrawal from southern Lebanon by force. In effect, Israel, Lebanon, and the United States are telling them: this is none of your business.

“The people of Lebanon and Israel deserve to live in peace and security, but have long suffered from conflict,” Rubio added.

In a statement issued after the signing, Lebanese President Joseph Aoun thanked the Trump administration for hosting the negotiations.

He said the agreement would allow the people of Lebanon to “return to their fully liberated land … under sovereignty of a Lebanese state that has no partner in its sovereignty over its land and its people,” an apparent reference to Iran’s influence in the country through Hezbollah.

Hassan Fadallah, a Hezbollah member of Lebanon’s parliament said, the Iran-backed group rejected direct negotiations with Israel and called on the government to “retract these negotiations and all the decisions they have made against their people.”

Speaking to the pro-Hezbollah Al-Mayadeen news channel, Fadallah said: “Whoever shakes hands with the enemy is a criminal like them.”

 

 

 

CNN NEWS

Tags: Benjamin NetanyahuIsraelLebanon.Marco RubioNada Hamadeh MoawadUS Secretary of State
Previous Post

Lagos Govt probes collapse of three‑storey complex

Next Post

Nollywood star Momodu enlists in U.S. Army

admin

admin

Next Post
Nollywood actor Joseph Momodu on US army uniform

Nollywood star Momodu enlists in U.S. Army

NRS Advertisement

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

November 18, 2024
Police warn Lagosians against economic disturbance during NLC protest

Police in Kano urges caution as Muslims begin Ramadan

March 11, 2024
Bandits kidnap students of Federal University of Gusau

Gunmen kill nine in Plateau State

October 2, 2023
In the dark: UCH’s mounting power crisis

Is UCH in darkness: Need for responsible journalism!

February 9, 2025
Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

2

ADC begins online membership registration

2
Biden arrives Israel

Biden visits Israel amidst killing of more Palestinians

1
handcuffs

Police arrests 34-year-old man for raping 90-year-old woman

1
Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke's convoy attacked during a visit to the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Oyetunji.

Gun attack on Adeleke’s convoy is false – Davido

August 19, 2026
Kenya Red Cross emergency responders take part in a rescue and recovery operation at the scene of the helicopter crash that killed Ecuador’s intelligence chief Michele Sensi-Contugi, his wife and five others

Ecuador’s intelligence chief, wife die in helicopter crash

August 19, 2026
Paul Pogba

Paul Pogba leaves Monaco after just six games

August 19, 2026
Power and Energy

Akwa Ibom takes over electricity regulation from NERC

August 19, 2026

Recent News

Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke's convoy attacked during a visit to the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Oyetunji.

Gun attack on Adeleke’s convoy is false – Davido

August 19, 2026
Kenya Red Cross emergency responders take part in a rescue and recovery operation at the scene of the helicopter crash that killed Ecuador’s intelligence chief Michele Sensi-Contugi, his wife and five others

Ecuador’s intelligence chief, wife die in helicopter crash

August 19, 2026
Paul Pogba

Paul Pogba leaves Monaco after just six games

August 19, 2026
Power and Energy

Akwa Ibom takes over electricity regulation from NERC

August 19, 2026
Credible News

At Credible News we seek, process and serve news, opinions and analyses that are verifiable and reliable.
We also provide readers with authentic and credible facts and figures, news, opinions and analyses to make informed choices.

Follow Us

Browse by Category

  • Accident
  • Agriculture
  • Banking
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Development
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Foreign
  • Global Trade
  • Health
  • Human Interest
  • ICT
  • Interviews
  • Legal
  • Life Style
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Trending
  • Women

Recent News

Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke's convoy attacked during a visit to the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Oyetunji.

Gun attack on Adeleke’s convoy is false – Davido

August 19, 2026
Kenya Red Cross emergency responders take part in a rescue and recovery operation at the scene of the helicopter crash that killed Ecuador’s intelligence chief Michele Sensi-Contugi, his wife and five others

Ecuador’s intelligence chief, wife die in helicopter crash

August 19, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.