Credible News
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Credible News
No Result
View All Result

Troops rescue NECO candidates, teachers from kidnappers

10 abducted NECO candidates in Borno are home, search continues for one victim

Credible News by Credible News
June 29, 2026
in Crime, Education, Human Interest, News, Security
0
Teachers and students of Lassa Community school rescued by the Army Monday

Teachers and students of Lassa Community school rescued by the Army Monday

0
SHARES
23
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Troops of Operation Hadin Kai have rescued 10 National Examinations Councilcandidates and teachers abducted during an attack on Lassa community in Askira Uba Local Government Area of Borno State, while efforts continue to locate one remaining victim.

The military said the victims were taken when suspected ISWAP fighters attacked Technical Secondary School, Lassa, at about 9 a.m. on Monday while students were writing their examinations.

According to a statement by the acting Military Information Officer, Capt. Mohammed Goni, the Theatre Command deployed troops to the area and also scrambled strike aircraft and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance platforms from the Air Component of Operation Hadin Kai to support the search and rescue mission.

The statement said troops made contact with the attackers around Daggu, leading to a firefight that resulted in the rescue of the 10 victims. The military said those rescued were unhurt and are receiving care and support.

Also Read: Terrorists kill eight in Borno army base attack

It added that troops inflicted casualties on the fleeing insurgents and recovered seven motorcycles used in their attempted escape.

The military, however, said one soldier of Operation Hadin Kai and a member of the Civilian Joint Task Force were killed during the exchange of fire.

Operation Hadin Kai said operations had been intensified in collaboration with other security agencies and relevant stakeholders to rescue the remaining victim and pursue those responsible for the attack.

It also said security had been reinforced in the affected area to protect vulnerable communities and schools and to prevent a recurrence.

The military urged residents to remain vigilant and provide timely information to security agencies, while advising the public to disregard unverified reports and rely on official updates on the incident.

Crediblenewsng.com

Tags: Askira Uba LGBorno StateLassa communityOperation Hadin Kai
Previous Post

Manchester City appoints Maresca as new manager

Next Post

Brazil survive World Cup scare against Japan to advance

Credible News

Credible News

Next Post

Brazil survive World Cup scare against Japan to advance

NRS Advertisement

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

November 18, 2024
Police warn Lagosians against economic disturbance during NLC protest

Police in Kano urges caution as Muslims begin Ramadan

March 11, 2024
Bandits kidnap students of Federal University of Gusau

Gunmen kill nine in Plateau State

October 2, 2023
In the dark: UCH’s mounting power crisis

Is UCH in darkness: Need for responsible journalism!

February 9, 2025
Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

2

ADC begins online membership registration

2
Biden arrives Israel

Biden visits Israel amidst killing of more Palestinians

1
handcuffs

Police arrests 34-year-old man for raping 90-year-old woman

1
Governor of the CBN, Olayemi Cardoso

CBN urges wider use of alternative payment channels

August 20, 2026
Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, HCSF, Mrs. Didi Walson-Jack

Walson-Jack urges media to sustain scrutiny of civil service

August 20, 2026
Ademola Adeleke in office

APC chieftain commends Adeleke’s victims support fund

August 20, 2026
FCT Minister Nyesom Wike inspects the ongoing construction of Arterial Road N16 in Abuja and orders the immediate demolition of about 30 buildings allegedly encroaching on the Ring Road III corridor in Karsana.

Wike orders demolition of 30 illegal buildings in Karsana

August 20, 2026

Recent News

Governor of the CBN, Olayemi Cardoso

CBN urges wider use of alternative payment channels

August 20, 2026
Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, HCSF, Mrs. Didi Walson-Jack

Walson-Jack urges media to sustain scrutiny of civil service

August 20, 2026
Ademola Adeleke in office

APC chieftain commends Adeleke’s victims support fund

August 20, 2026
FCT Minister Nyesom Wike inspects the ongoing construction of Arterial Road N16 in Abuja and orders the immediate demolition of about 30 buildings allegedly encroaching on the Ring Road III corridor in Karsana.

Wike orders demolition of 30 illegal buildings in Karsana

August 20, 2026
Credible News

At Credible News we seek, process and serve news, opinions and analyses that are verifiable and reliable.
We also provide readers with authentic and credible facts and figures, news, opinions and analyses to make informed choices.

Follow Us

Browse by Category

  • Accident
  • Agriculture
  • Banking
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Development
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Foreign
  • Global Trade
  • Health
  • Human Interest
  • ICT
  • Interviews
  • Legal
  • Life Style
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Trending
  • Women

Recent News

Governor of the CBN, Olayemi Cardoso

CBN urges wider use of alternative payment channels

August 20, 2026
Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, HCSF, Mrs. Didi Walson-Jack

Walson-Jack urges media to sustain scrutiny of civil service

August 20, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.