Credible News
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Credible News
No Result
View All Result

Amotekun foils kidnap, nabs family suspects in Ondo State

Amotekun arrests father and his sons at Oba-Ile Akoko

admin by admin
June 30, 2026
in Crime, Human Interest, News, Security
0
Amotekun Corps Commander, Mr. Adetunji Adeleye

Amotekun Corps Commander, Mr. Adetunji Adeleye

0
SHARES
5
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The Ondo State Security Network Agency, codenamed Amotekun, says it has rescued a kidnap victim, and arrested a father and his three sons at Oba-Ile Akoko in Akoko Southwest Local Government Area of the state.

Mr. Adetunji Adeleye, Amotekun Corps Commander made the disclosure while parading 28 suspects for kidnap-related cases and 15 others for criminal offences on Tuesday in Akure.

‎” Today, we have Usman, 33; Wahab, 27; Yakubu, 18; and their father, Iliasu, 56, arrested in Oba Akoko, Ondo State.

“Not only that, but we also equally recovered drugs, drinks, cigarettes and what looked like a camouflage used to cover the eyes of the kidnapped victim,” he said.

Adeleye explained that the suspects were arrested after the victim’s family reported the incident to the command.

The Amotekun commander, who said that the victim was kidnapped on his way to Oba Akoko, explained that the family arranged ransom without informing Amotekun.

“Inspite of the ransom payment, the kidnappers refused to release the victim. They also threatened the family not to report the incident.

Also Read: Amotekun nabs 35 suspects in fresh crackdown

“This eventually brought the family to the Amotekun office, and we immediately swung into action. ‎

“At the end of the day, we found a family, a father and three sons directly involved, using cattles as cover.

“In the course of the operation, kidnappers attacked our men, but we succeeded in rescuing the victim,” he said.

Adeleye also said the kidnappers tortured the victim with knives and cutlasses on the head, while the victim had been rushed to a nearby hospital.

According to him, Amotekun personnel were able to recover over 75 per cent of the ransom paid. ‎

“As far as the command is concerned, we do not encourage the payment of ransom. Since the money belongs to the family, it has been returned to them.

‎
“In fact, we handed over all the money recovered at the scene to a member of the victim’s family for safekeeping, and we only brought it here for display,” he said.

 

 

NAN

Tags: AmotekunMr Adetunji AdeleyeOba-Ile AkokoOndo State Security Network Agency
Previous Post

Tinubu approves N3.9trn road projects across 15 states

Next Post

Court grants Sowore ₦200m bail with two sureties

admin

admin

Next Post
Omoyele Sowore in court

Court grants Sowore ₦200m bail with two sureties

NRS Advertisement

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

November 18, 2024
Police warn Lagosians against economic disturbance during NLC protest

Police in Kano urges caution as Muslims begin Ramadan

March 11, 2024
Bandits kidnap students of Federal University of Gusau

Gunmen kill nine in Plateau State

October 2, 2023
In the dark: UCH’s mounting power crisis

Is UCH in darkness: Need for responsible journalism!

February 9, 2025
Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

2

ADC begins online membership registration

2
Biden arrives Israel

Biden visits Israel amidst killing of more Palestinians

1
handcuffs

Police arrests 34-year-old man for raping 90-year-old woman

1
Fifa president Gianni Infantino

Israel withdraws support for Infantino’s FIFA presidency

August 18, 2026
Court directs 71 banks to freeze accounts

Court directs banks to freeze N1.3bn in mystery account

August 18, 2026
Patrick Vieira has previously managed in the English Premier League as well as in Italy's Serie A

Senegal appoints Patrick Vieira head coach

August 18, 2026
Ben Murray-Bruce

Ben Murray-Bruce writes President Tinubu love letter

August 18, 2026

Recent News

Fifa president Gianni Infantino

Israel withdraws support for Infantino’s FIFA presidency

August 18, 2026
Court directs 71 banks to freeze accounts

Court directs banks to freeze N1.3bn in mystery account

August 18, 2026
Patrick Vieira has previously managed in the English Premier League as well as in Italy's Serie A

Senegal appoints Patrick Vieira head coach

August 18, 2026
Ben Murray-Bruce

Ben Murray-Bruce writes President Tinubu love letter

August 18, 2026
Credible News

At Credible News we seek, process and serve news, opinions and analyses that are verifiable and reliable.
We also provide readers with authentic and credible facts and figures, news, opinions and analyses to make informed choices.

Follow Us

Browse by Category

  • Accident
  • Agriculture
  • Banking
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Development
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Foreign
  • Global Trade
  • Health
  • Human Interest
  • ICT
  • Interviews
  • Legal
  • Life Style
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Trending
  • Women

Recent News

Fifa president Gianni Infantino

Israel withdraws support for Infantino’s FIFA presidency

August 18, 2026
Court directs 71 banks to freeze accounts

Court directs banks to freeze N1.3bn in mystery account

August 18, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.