Credible News
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Credible News
No Result
View All Result

Police nab masquerade, hunt four others in murder case

Asoleke masquerade, followers assault victim with weapons

admin by admin
July 6, 2026
in Crime, News, Security
0
Commissioner of Police in Oyo State, Ayodeji Olugbenga Abimbola

Commissioner of Police in Oyo State, Ayodeji Olugbenga Abimbola

0
SHARES
8
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The Oyo State Police Command has arrested the Asoleke masquerade and launched a manhunt for four others over alleged killing of Sefiu Kehinde, 24, at Labiran area of Ibadan.

The Command’s Public Relations Officer, DSP Olayinka Ayanlade in a statement made available to newsmen on Monday in Ibadan, said operatives have launched a manhunt for four followers of the masquerade who are still at large.

Ayanlade said that the attack on the deceased was reported at the Mapo Divisional Police Headquarters on Sunday by one of the deceased’s sisters, Mrs. Aderemi.

“She reported that earlier the fateful day, at about 4:00 p.m., she received a distress call from her elder sister, informing her that a masquerade, Asoleke, and its followers, attacked her younger brother with axes and cutlasses, inflicting severe injuries on various parts of his body.

“Upon receipt of the report, a team of Police operatives led by the Divisional Police Officer, Mapo Division, swiftly mobilized to the scene.

“The victim was immediately evacuated to the Hospital for urgent medical attention, where he was unfortunately confirmed dead on arrival by the medical doctor on duty,” the command’s PRO said.

Also Read: Police tackle number plate violations, foil robbery in Ogun

Ayanlade said that the scene of the incident had been processed, while necessary documentation, including photographs was taken.

He said that following demand by the family for the deceased’s corpse to be released for burial in accordance with Islamic rites, it was handed over to them.

Alayande said that the Commissioner of Police, Mr. Abimbola Olugbenga, has directed the transfer of the case to the State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, for further investigation.

Olugbemiga assured members of the public of the Command’s commitment to arrest the remaining perpetrators.

“Residents are urged to remain calm and cooperate with the Police by providing credible information that may assist the investigation,” the CP said.

 

 

 

NAN

Tags: Asoleke masqueradeCommissioner of PoliceDSP Olayinka AyanladeMr. Abimbola OlugbengaMrs. AderemiSefiu Kehinde
Previous Post

FCMB declares N23.08bn dividend payout

Next Post

PFIPC has no account at the CBN, says OAGF

admin

admin

Next Post
Adeniyi Adeyemi, convener of the presidential foreign intervention promotion council, PFIPC.

PFIPC has no account at the CBN, says OAGF

NRS Advertisement

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

November 18, 2024
Police warn Lagosians against economic disturbance during NLC protest

Police in Kano urges caution as Muslims begin Ramadan

March 11, 2024
Bandits kidnap students of Federal University of Gusau

Gunmen kill nine in Plateau State

October 2, 2023
In the dark: UCH’s mounting power crisis

Is UCH in darkness: Need for responsible journalism!

February 9, 2025
Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

2

ADC begins online membership registration

2
Biden arrives Israel

Biden visits Israel amidst killing of more Palestinians

1
handcuffs

Police arrests 34-year-old man for raping 90-year-old woman

1
The incident at the World Cup final

FIFA impose match ban on Argentine players

August 21, 2026
Bukayo Saka celebrates his goal with teammate against Coventry

Arsenal begins title defence, beats Coventry 3-0

August 21, 2026
Founder of Iru Ekun Security Network, Chief Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho (left), with the Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Ogunwusi (right), during a meeting to discuss security and ways to sustain peace and communal stability across the South-West region.

South-West rulers turn to Igboho in fresh security push

August 21, 2026
George Nwabueze, in red cap, has been declared wanted by ICPC.

Tinubu suspends three permanent secretaries

August 21, 2026

Recent News

The incident at the World Cup final

FIFA impose match ban on Argentine players

August 21, 2026
Bukayo Saka celebrates his goal with teammate against Coventry

Arsenal begins title defence, beats Coventry 3-0

August 21, 2026
Founder of Iru Ekun Security Network, Chief Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho (left), with the Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Ogunwusi (right), during a meeting to discuss security and ways to sustain peace and communal stability across the South-West region.

South-West rulers turn to Igboho in fresh security push

August 21, 2026
George Nwabueze, in red cap, has been declared wanted by ICPC.

Tinubu suspends three permanent secretaries

August 21, 2026
Credible News

At Credible News we seek, process and serve news, opinions and analyses that are verifiable and reliable.
We also provide readers with authentic and credible facts and figures, news, opinions and analyses to make informed choices.

Follow Us

Browse by Category

  • Accident
  • Agriculture
  • Banking
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Development
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Foreign
  • Global Trade
  • Health
  • Human Interest
  • ICT
  • Interviews
  • Legal
  • Life Style
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Trending
  • Women

Recent News

The incident at the World Cup final

FIFA impose match ban on Argentine players

August 21, 2026
Bukayo Saka celebrates his goal with teammate against Coventry

Arsenal begins title defence, beats Coventry 3-0

August 21, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.