Credible News
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Credible News
No Result
View All Result

Paul Pogba leaves Monaco after just six games

Former France midfielder becomes a free agent after Monaco ends contract one year early.

Victor Kayode by Victor Kayode
August 19, 2026
in Foreign, Human Interest, News, Sports
0
Paul Pogba

Paul Pogba

0
SHARES
1
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Former France international Paul Pogba has left AS Monaco after the French club mutually agreed to terminate his contract one year before its scheduled expiry.

Monaco confirmed the development ahead of the opening game of the new Ligue 1 season, saying both parties had agreed that the objectives initially set when Pogba joined were only partially achieved.

Pogba’s contract was originally due to run until next summer, but the 33-year-old midfielder is now a free agent after spending just one season with the club.

The former Manchester United and Juventus player joined Monaco last summer following an 18-month reduction of a doping suspension.

Paul Pogba was initially handed a four-year ban in 2024 after testing positive for DHEA, a substance that can increase testosterone levels. However, his suspension was reduced to 18 months after he appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

Before joining Monaco, Pogba had not featured in a competitive match since 2023, when he was playing for Juventus.

His return to professional football proved limited, with the midfielder making only six appearances for Monaco during the 2025-26 season.

Also Read: Pogba suffers fresh injury blow as Monaco future hangs

Following his departure, Pogba thanked Monaco’s president, management, teammates, staff and supporters for their support during his time at the club.

He described representing Monaco and the principality as an incredible experience, while expressing gratitude for the opportunity despite playing fewer matches than he had hoped.

Monaco CEO Thiago Scuro also thanked Pogba for his contribution to the club and praised his attitude throughout his time in the squad.

Scuro said Pogba’s experience and advice were particularly valuable to younger players in the dressing room, describing his conduct as exemplary.

Although Pogba’s spell at Monaco did not produce the number of appearances expected, Scuro said his return to club football remained a significant achievement following his lengthy absence.

Paul Pogba now enters the free-agent market and could seek a new club as he looks to continue his professional career.

The midfielder remains one of the most decorated French players of his generation, having won the 2018 FIFA World Cup with France.

He previously enjoyed two spells each at Manchester United and Juventus, winning major domestic and European honours during his career.

 

ESPN

Tags: AS MonacoFranceJuventusLigue 1Manchester UnitedPaul Pogbatransfer
Previous Post

Akwa Ibom takes over electricity regulation from NERC

Next Post

Ecuador’s intelligence chief, wife die in helicopter crash

Victor Kayode

Victor Kayode

Next Post
Kenya Red Cross emergency responders take part in a rescue and recovery operation at the scene of the helicopter crash that killed Ecuador’s intelligence chief Michele Sensi-Contugi, his wife and five others

Ecuador’s intelligence chief, wife die in helicopter crash

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

NRS Advertisement

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

November 18, 2024
Police warn Lagosians against economic disturbance during NLC protest

Police in Kano urges caution as Muslims begin Ramadan

March 11, 2024
Bandits kidnap students of Federal University of Gusau

Gunmen kill nine in Plateau State

October 2, 2023
In the dark: UCH’s mounting power crisis

Is UCH in darkness: Need for responsible journalism!

February 9, 2025
Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

2

ADC begins online membership registration

2
Biden arrives Israel

Biden visits Israel amidst killing of more Palestinians

1
handcuffs

Police arrests 34-year-old man for raping 90-year-old woman

1
Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke's convoy attacked during a visit to the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Oyetunji.

Gun attack on Adeleke’s convoy is false – Davido

August 19, 2026
Kenya Red Cross emergency responders take part in a rescue and recovery operation at the scene of the helicopter crash that killed Ecuador’s intelligence chief Michele Sensi-Contugi, his wife and five others

Ecuador’s intelligence chief, wife die in helicopter crash

August 19, 2026
Paul Pogba

Paul Pogba leaves Monaco after just six games

August 19, 2026
Power and Energy

Akwa Ibom takes over electricity regulation from NERC

August 19, 2026

Recent News

Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke's convoy attacked during a visit to the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Oyetunji.

Gun attack on Adeleke’s convoy is false – Davido

August 19, 2026
Kenya Red Cross emergency responders take part in a rescue and recovery operation at the scene of the helicopter crash that killed Ecuador’s intelligence chief Michele Sensi-Contugi, his wife and five others

Ecuador’s intelligence chief, wife die in helicopter crash

August 19, 2026
Paul Pogba

Paul Pogba leaves Monaco after just six games

August 19, 2026
Power and Energy

Akwa Ibom takes over electricity regulation from NERC

August 19, 2026
Credible News

At Credible News we seek, process and serve news, opinions and analyses that are verifiable and reliable.
We also provide readers with authentic and credible facts and figures, news, opinions and analyses to make informed choices.

Follow Us

Browse by Category

  • Accident
  • Agriculture
  • Banking
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Development
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Foreign
  • Global Trade
  • Health
  • Human Interest
  • ICT
  • Interviews
  • Legal
  • Life Style
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Trending
  • Women

Recent News

Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke's convoy attacked during a visit to the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo, Oba Jimoh Oyetunji.

Gun attack on Adeleke’s convoy is false – Davido

August 19, 2026
Kenya Red Cross emergency responders take part in a rescue and recovery operation at the scene of the helicopter crash that killed Ecuador’s intelligence chief Michele Sensi-Contugi, his wife and five others

Ecuador’s intelligence chief, wife die in helicopter crash

August 19, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.