Credible News
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Credible News
No Result
View All Result

Nasarawa communities kill 11, burn 50 houses in reprisal attack

Police begin manhunt for the perpetrators of the heinous act

Credible News by Credible News
April 4, 2026
in Conflict, Crime, Human Interest, News, Security
0
Sule seeks industrialization to fight unemployment, insecurity

Gov. Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa State

0
SHARES
7
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The Police Command in Nasarawa State has confirmed the death of 11 persons and more than 50 houses burnt in a communal crisis on Friday in Akyawa and Udege Kasa communities of Nasarawa Local Government Area.

SP Ramhan Nansel, the Command’s spokesman disclosed that the incident occurred on Friday morning when suspected hoodlums carried out a reprisal attack over the alleged killing of two of their kinsmen.

“In the course of the attack, 11 people were killed, while about 52 houses were burnt in the two communities,” he said.

Nansel stated that Shettima Mohammed, the Commissioner of Police in the state, had led a team on an on-the-spot assessment to the affected communities to ascertain the level of destruction and ensure that normalcy was restored.

Also Read: Nasarawa accountant-general resigns, eyes 2027

He said that the CP expressed deep sorrow over the tragic incident and commiserated with the families of the deceased and the communities, assuring them of the Command’s unwavering commitment to ensuring that justice was served.

Nansel said the CP has ordered an intensive manhunt for the perpetrators of the heinous act and directed tactical teams and investigative units to ensure their prompt identification, arrest, and prosecution.

“To prevent any further breakdown of law and order, the Commissioner of Police has also directed the immediate reinforcement and sustained deployment of Police personnel to the affected areas,” he said.

He further explained that the police were working in collaboration with the Military and the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps to provide adequate security and restore lasting peace in the area.

The police spokesperson further said that a stakeholders’ meeting was held during the visit, where the CP urged residents to remain calm, law-abiding, and cooperate with security agencies by providing credible information to support ongoing investigations.

He, therefore, reassured members of the public that normalcy had been restored to the affected communities, while proactive measures had been taken to prevent any recurrence of violence.

NAN

 

 

Tags: Akyawa and Udege Kasa communitiesCP Shettima MohammedNasarawa LGA
Previous Post

Edun lauds NUPRC for attaining 1.84mbpd

Next Post

Troops neutralize three bandits, arrest two in Plateau

Credible News

Credible News

Next Post
Bandits

Troops neutralize three bandits, arrest two in Plateau

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

November 18, 2024
Police warn Lagosians against economic disturbance during NLC protest

Police in Kano urges caution as Muslims begin Ramadan

March 11, 2024
In the dark: UCH’s mounting power crisis

Is UCH in darkness: Need for responsible journalism!

February 9, 2025
Tiktok

Court remands Tik Toker for posting President Tinubu’s obituary

July 25, 2025
Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

2

ADC begins online membership registration

2
Biden arrives Israel

Biden visits Israel amidst killing of more Palestinians

1
handcuffs

Police arrests 34-year-old man for raping 90-year-old woman

1
Peter Obi emerges NDC sole presidential aspirant

0bi emerges NDC’s only presidential aspirant

May 19, 2026
Court to rule May 26 on Jonathan eligibility suit

Court to rule May 26 on Jonathan eligibility suit

May 19, 2026
Pop star Shakira wins legal victory in tax dispute

Shakira wins legal victory in tax dispute

May 19, 2026
Arsenal’s German midfielder, Kai Havertz celebrates scoring the team’s second goal during the English Premier League football match between Arsenal and Brentford at the Emirates Stadium in London on March 9, 2024.

Arsenal scraps through Burnley

May 19, 2026

Recent News

Peter Obi emerges NDC sole presidential aspirant

0bi emerges NDC’s only presidential aspirant

May 19, 2026
Court to rule May 26 on Jonathan eligibility suit

Court to rule May 26 on Jonathan eligibility suit

May 19, 2026
Pop star Shakira wins legal victory in tax dispute

Shakira wins legal victory in tax dispute

May 19, 2026
Arsenal’s German midfielder, Kai Havertz celebrates scoring the team’s second goal during the English Premier League football match between Arsenal and Brentford at the Emirates Stadium in London on March 9, 2024.

Arsenal scraps through Burnley

May 19, 2026
Credible News

At Credible News we seek, process and serve news, opinions and analyses that are verifiable and reliable.
We also provide readers with authentic and credible facts and figures, news, opinions and analyses to make informed choices.

Follow Us

Browse by Category

  • Accident
  • Agriculture
  • Banking
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Development
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Foreign
  • Global Trade
  • Health
  • Human Interest
  • ICT
  • Interviews
  • Legal
  • Life Style
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Trending
  • Women

Recent News

Peter Obi emerges NDC sole presidential aspirant

0bi emerges NDC’s only presidential aspirant

May 19, 2026
Court to rule May 26 on Jonathan eligibility suit

Court to rule May 26 on Jonathan eligibility suit

May 19, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.