Credible News
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Credible News
No Result
View All Result

Nasarawa accountant-general resigns, eyes 2027

Indicates interest in governorship race

admin by admin
March 30, 2026
in Development, Human Interest, News, Politics
0
Accountant General, Nasarawa State, Musa Ahmed.

Accountant General, Nasarawa State, Musa Ahmed.

0
SHARES
2
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The Accountant-General of Nasarawa State, Musa Mohammed, has resigned his appointment to contest the 2027 governorship election in the state on the platform of the All Progressives Congress.

Mohammed announced his resignation on Monday in Lafia during a rally, where he also formally declared his intention to join the governorship race.

He said his decision followed sustained calls by residents urging him to vie for the top position.

“I have decided to sacrifice my stay in the office of the Accountant-General of Nasarawa State in response to your calls.

“I have resigned my appointment. I appreciate my boss, Governor Abdullahi Sule, for approving my resignation to enable me pursue this ambition.

“I hereby accept your call and offer myself to contest the 2027 governorship election with your support,” he said.

Also Read: Kwankwaso resigns from NNPP, set to join ADC

Mohammed pledged to build on the achievements of the current administration if elected.

“I will do my best to consolidate on the successes recorded by the administration of Governor Abdullahi Sule.

“Having been part of this government, I have learned from the governor’s leadership capacity, resourcefulness and vision, and I assure you that I will not disappoint,” he added.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Mohammed was appointed Accountant-General in 2023 by Governor Sule.

He previously served as Speaker of the Nasarawa State House of Assembly for two consecutive terms between 2007 and 2015.

Nasarawa State Accountant General had come under immense pressure to join the gubernatorial race from people of the State, who identified him as the ideal successor to Governor Abdullahi Sule.

This comes barely a few hours after Governor Abdullahi Sule held a meeting with gubernatorial aspirants of the All Progressives Congress, APC in Abuja.

Mohammed said that “for your own sake, and for the sake of the people of Nasarawa State I have accepted to contest the number seat of the state.

He said that his decision to join the governorship race was born out of pressure from the stakeholders in the State who have seen capacity and leadership skills in him prompted his decision to sacrifice his office to contest the governor seat come 2027.

 

 

PUNCH

Tags: 2027 governorship electionAccountant-General of Nasarawa State Musa MohammedAll Progressives Congress
Previous Post

Russia kicks out British diplomat for spying

Next Post

FG strengthens disease surveillance, outbreak response

admin

admin

Next Post
Minister of state, Dr. Iziaq Salako

FG strengthens disease surveillance, outbreak response

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

November 18, 2024
Police warn Lagosians against economic disturbance during NLC protest

Police in Kano urges caution as Muslims begin Ramadan

March 11, 2024
In the dark: UCH’s mounting power crisis

Is UCH in darkness: Need for responsible journalism!

February 9, 2025
Tiktok

Court remands Tik Toker for posting President Tinubu’s obituary

July 25, 2025
Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

2

ADC begins online membership registration

2
Biden arrives Israel

Biden visits Israel amidst killing of more Palestinians

1
handcuffs

Police arrests 34-year-old man for raping 90-year-old woman

1
Peter Obi emerges NDC sole presidential aspirant

0bi emerges NDC’s only presidential aspirant

May 19, 2026
Court to rule May 26 on Jonathan eligibility suit

Court to rule May 26 on Jonathan eligibility suit

May 19, 2026
Pop star Shakira wins legal victory in tax dispute

Shakira wins legal victory in tax dispute

May 19, 2026
Arsenal’s German midfielder, Kai Havertz celebrates scoring the team’s second goal during the English Premier League football match between Arsenal and Brentford at the Emirates Stadium in London on March 9, 2024.

Arsenal scraps through Burnley

May 19, 2026

Recent News

Peter Obi emerges NDC sole presidential aspirant

0bi emerges NDC’s only presidential aspirant

May 19, 2026
Court to rule May 26 on Jonathan eligibility suit

Court to rule May 26 on Jonathan eligibility suit

May 19, 2026
Pop star Shakira wins legal victory in tax dispute

Shakira wins legal victory in tax dispute

May 19, 2026
Arsenal’s German midfielder, Kai Havertz celebrates scoring the team’s second goal during the English Premier League football match between Arsenal and Brentford at the Emirates Stadium in London on March 9, 2024.

Arsenal scraps through Burnley

May 19, 2026
Credible News

At Credible News we seek, process and serve news, opinions and analyses that are verifiable and reliable.
We also provide readers with authentic and credible facts and figures, news, opinions and analyses to make informed choices.

Follow Us

Browse by Category

  • Accident
  • Agriculture
  • Banking
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Development
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Foreign
  • Global Trade
  • Health
  • Human Interest
  • ICT
  • Interviews
  • Legal
  • Life Style
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Trending
  • Women

Recent News

Peter Obi emerges NDC sole presidential aspirant

0bi emerges NDC’s only presidential aspirant

May 19, 2026
Court to rule May 26 on Jonathan eligibility suit

Court to rule May 26 on Jonathan eligibility suit

May 19, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.