Credible News
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Credible News
No Result
View All Result

Court grants bail to 38 Nasarawa protesters

Credible News by Credible News
January 25, 2024
in Conflict, Human Interest, Legal, News, Politics
0
Fake Surveyor, 55, gets three years jail term over N2.5m fraud

Court

0
SHARES
2
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

A Magistrate Court 3 in Lafia on Thursday granted bail to the 38 protesters arrested by the police in Nasarawa State for alleged conspiracy, unlawful assembly and disturbance by fire.

Recall that the police had on Jan. 19 arrested the protesters for “blocking Lafia/Jos road after the Supreme Court judgment that affirmed the victory of Gov. Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa State”.

The police said that the protesters comprising eight men and 30 women had contravened the peace accord signed by the Peoples Democratic Party and All Progressives Congress.

The magistrate, Mohammed Abdullahi-Lanze, granted the bail after hearing the bail application filed by counsels to the defendants.

The magistrate however, directed that each of the defendants must get a surety not below the position of a director with the State or Federal Government, who must reside within the jurisdiction of the court.

Abdullahi-Lanze also noted that each surety must submit his or her identity card, N2 million, letter of first appointment and statement of account to the court.

He therefore, adjourned the case to Feb. 27 for hearing and directed that all the defendants must be at the court on the next adjourned date.

READ ALSO:Court to hear bail application of 38 Nasarawa protesters Jan. 25

Initially, Nasarawa State Commissioner for Justice and Attorney-General, AG, Barr. Labaran Magaji who took over as the prosecuting counsel, withdrew all the three counter applications.

The counter applications had been filed by the police who were prosecuting the matter before it was taken over by the AG.

The AG said the offences committed by the defendants were bailable by the provision of the laws and as such, the state had withdrawn the counter applications earlier filed to save the time of the court.

He however, told the court that all the defendants be made to attend subsequent proceedings of the court unfailingly.

On his part, counsel to the defendants, Barr. Ayiwulu Baba-Ayiwulu appealed that the bail condition be simplified to enable them meet the condition.

He disclosed that a House of Assembly member representing Lafia North at the Nasarawa State Assembly, Barr. Esson Mairiga, had offered to stand as surety to all the defendants.

The court, therefore, asked the defending counsel to apply formally and assured that the appeal would be considered in the interest of justice.

Credible news.ng

Tags: Gov. Abdullahi SuleMagistrate courtMohammed Abdullahi-LanzeNassarawa state
Previous Post

Fourth Mainland Bridge construction to begin March, April — Sanwo-Olu

Next Post

Police rescue kidnapped victims, neutralize three kidnappers in Adamawa raid

Credible News

Credible News

Next Post
Police rescue kidnapped victims, neutralize three kidnappers in Adamawa raid

Police rescue kidnapped victims, neutralize three kidnappers in Adamawa raid

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

November 18, 2024
Police warn Lagosians against economic disturbance during NLC protest

Police in Kano urges caution as Muslims begin Ramadan

March 11, 2024
In the dark: UCH’s mounting power crisis

Is UCH in darkness: Need for responsible journalism!

February 9, 2025
Tiktok

Court remands Tik Toker for posting President Tinubu’s obituary

July 25, 2025
Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

2

ADC begins online membership registration

2
Biden arrives Israel

Biden visits Israel amidst killing of more Palestinians

1
handcuffs

Police arrests 34-year-old man for raping 90-year-old woman

1

Minister Of Education; Tunji Alausa

May 18, 2026
Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia confirms Monday as first day of Dhul Hijjah

May 18, 2026
FRSC launched a special enforcement operation, code-named “Operation Guduma

FRSC unveils Operation Guduma to improve highway safety

May 18, 2026
ICPC, has denied restricting access to former governor of Kaduna State, Nasir El-Rufai

DSS re-arraigns El-Rufai again over phone tapping

May 18, 2026

Recent News

Minister Of Education; Tunji Alausa

May 18, 2026
Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia confirms Monday as first day of Dhul Hijjah

May 18, 2026
FRSC launched a special enforcement operation, code-named “Operation Guduma

FRSC unveils Operation Guduma to improve highway safety

May 18, 2026
ICPC, has denied restricting access to former governor of Kaduna State, Nasir El-Rufai

DSS re-arraigns El-Rufai again over phone tapping

May 18, 2026
Credible News

At Credible News we seek, process and serve news, opinions and analyses that are verifiable and reliable.
We also provide readers with authentic and credible facts and figures, news, opinions and analyses to make informed choices.

Follow Us

Browse by Category

  • Accident
  • Agriculture
  • Banking
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Development
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Foreign
  • Global Trade
  • Health
  • Human Interest
  • ICT
  • Interviews
  • Legal
  • Life Style
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Trending
  • Women

Recent News

Minister Of Education; Tunji Alausa

May 18, 2026
Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia confirms Monday as first day of Dhul Hijjah

May 18, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.