Credible News
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Credible News
No Result
View All Result

Pentagon admits spending $25b to destroy Iran

Washintong defends cost to keep Iran nuclear free

admin by admin
April 30, 2026
in Foreign, News, Security
0
US Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth

US Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth

0
SHARES
8
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The United States’ war in Iran has ​cost $25 billion so far, a senior Pentagon official said, providing the first official estimate of the military’s ‌price tag for the conflict.

Jules Hurst, who is performing the duties of the ​comptroller, told lawmakers on the House Armed Services Committee that most of that money was for munitions.

Hurst did not detail ​what that cost estimate included and whether it took into account the projected costs of rebuilding and repairing ⁠base infrastructure in the Middle East damaged in the conflict.

Rep. Adam Smith, the top Democrat on the House Armed Services Committee, responded to ​Hurst: “I’m glad you answered that question. Because we’ve been asking for a hell of a long time, and no one’s given us the ​number.”

Earlier, in March President Donald Trump’s administration estimated that the first six days of the war had cost the United States at ​least 11.3 billion dollars.

Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth told lawmakers that the cost was justified given the U.S. goal of ensuring Iran will ​not have a nuclear weapon.

“What would you pay to ensure Iran does not get a nuclear bomb? What would you pay?” Hegseth asked.

Also Read: Iran seeks $270b as war reparation from US, Israel

The United States started carrying out strikes against Iran on February 28, and the two sides are currently maintaining a fragile ​ceasefire.

The Pentagon has poured tens of ​thousands of additional forces into ⁠the Middle East, including keeping three aircraft carriers in the region.

Iran had earlier made an estimate which indicated that Iran has suffered about $270bn in direct and indirect damages since the start of the US-Israel war on February 28, Iranian government spokeswoman Fatemeh Mohajerani said during an interview with Russia’s RIA Novosti news agency.

Iran has also raised the idea of compensation for damages to come through a Strait of Hormuz protocol, which would include a tax on ships passing through the waterway.

Iran has demanded that it receive compensation for the destruction caused by the United States and Israel’s attacks, as the country remains defiant and regional powers continue their attempts to mediate an end to the conflict.

Tehran’s envoy to the United Nations said that five regional countries must pay compensation, based on his accusation that their territories were used for launching attacks on Iran.

 

 

NAN

Tags: Defence Secretary Pete HegsethHouse Armed Services CommitteeJules HurstMiddle East conflictPentagon officialUS-Iran war
Previous Post

Reps make appeal court final arbiter in poll disputes

Next Post

NNPCL takes OB3 gas pipeline across River Niger

admin

admin

Next Post
CEO of NNPC, Bayo Ojulari

NNPCL takes OB3 gas pipeline across River Niger

NRS Advertisement

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

November 18, 2024
Police warn Lagosians against economic disturbance during NLC protest

Police in Kano urges caution as Muslims begin Ramadan

March 11, 2024
Bandits kidnap students of Federal University of Gusau

Gunmen kill nine in Plateau State

October 2, 2023
In the dark: UCH’s mounting power crisis

Is UCH in darkness: Need for responsible journalism!

February 9, 2025
Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

2

ADC begins online membership registration

2
Biden arrives Israel

Biden visits Israel amidst killing of more Palestinians

1
handcuffs

Police arrests 34-year-old man for raping 90-year-old woman

1
Business mogul Obi Cubana (left) has pledged a house to Pastor Jerry Eze (right) as a 44th birthday gift, in appreciation of his ministry and service to humanity.

Business mogul Obi Cubana gifts Pastor Eze a house

August 23, 2026
Professor Kingsley Ekwueme leads team to perform Imo State’s first robotic-assisted surgery at the Specialist Hospital, Umuguma, Owerri.

Imo takes major leap in healthcare with robotic surgery

August 23, 2026
Organizational chart of the alleged National Brand Development and Made in Nigeria Project Office, showing its purported national coordinator, zonal directors, state coordinators and representatives.

Controversial Brands office claims presence in 20 states

August 23, 2026
Fire outbreak at the SPAR shopping mall

Shop owners lament inferno at Calabar shopping mall

August 23, 2026

Recent News

Business mogul Obi Cubana (left) has pledged a house to Pastor Jerry Eze (right) as a 44th birthday gift, in appreciation of his ministry and service to humanity.

Business mogul Obi Cubana gifts Pastor Eze a house

August 23, 2026
Professor Kingsley Ekwueme leads team to perform Imo State’s first robotic-assisted surgery at the Specialist Hospital, Umuguma, Owerri.

Imo takes major leap in healthcare with robotic surgery

August 23, 2026
Organizational chart of the alleged National Brand Development and Made in Nigeria Project Office, showing its purported national coordinator, zonal directors, state coordinators and representatives.

Controversial Brands office claims presence in 20 states

August 23, 2026
Fire outbreak at the SPAR shopping mall

Shop owners lament inferno at Calabar shopping mall

August 23, 2026
Credible News

At Credible News we seek, process and serve news, opinions and analyses that are verifiable and reliable.
We also provide readers with authentic and credible facts and figures, news, opinions and analyses to make informed choices.

Follow Us

Browse by Category

  • Accident
  • Agriculture
  • Banking
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Development
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Foreign
  • Global Trade
  • Health
  • Human Interest
  • ICT
  • Interviews
  • Legal
  • Life Style
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Trending
  • Women

Recent News

Business mogul Obi Cubana (left) has pledged a house to Pastor Jerry Eze (right) as a 44th birthday gift, in appreciation of his ministry and service to humanity.

Business mogul Obi Cubana gifts Pastor Eze a house

August 23, 2026
Professor Kingsley Ekwueme leads team to perform Imo State’s first robotic-assisted surgery at the Specialist Hospital, Umuguma, Owerri.

Imo takes major leap in healthcare with robotic surgery

August 23, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.