Credible News
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Credible News
No Result
View All Result

University workers fail to agree with government

Credible News by Credible News
May 5, 2026
in Conflict, Education, Human Interest, News
0
Minister of Education, Tunji Alausa

Minister of Education, Tunji Alausa

0
SHARES
4
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Talks between the Federal Government and the Joint Action Committee, JAC, of the non-teaching staff unions in universities ended in deadlock on Monday in Abuja, as key issues remained unresolved

The JAC comprises the Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities, SSANU, and the Non-Academic Staff Union of Educational and Associated Institutions, NASU.

The meeting, convened by the Minister of Education, Dr Tunji Alausa, was adjourned to May 5 at 3 p.m. for further negotiations.

The News Agency of Nigeria recalled that SSANU and NASU began an indefinite strike on April 30 following the expiration of a one-month ultimatum to the federal government over the renegotiation of the 2009 agreement.

The unions are protesting the federal government’s proposed 30 per cent salary increase, insisting on a 40 per cent adjustment through collective bargaining.

The federal government had earlier withdrawn the 30 per cent offer, a decision the unions described as unilateral and lacking proper consultation.

Also Read: FG seeks lower cost of education, better outcomes

Speaking on the industrial action, SSANU President, Mr Mohammed Ibrahim, said the strike was fully complied with nationwide, paralysing administrative and essential services in universities.

“Our demands remain unchanged. We are demanding fairness, equity and proper consideration for our members.

“The 40 per cent benchmark is the minimum acceptable position for us, and the strike continues until meaningful progress is achieved,” he said.

Ibrahim said administrative offices, clinics, hostels and finance departments had been shut across universities due to total compliance with the strike directive.

“Our position remains the same. We are asking for fairness and equity, and nothing has changed,” he said.

Meanwhile, the University of Maiduguri has postponed its e-examinations due to disruptions caused by the strike.

The institution, in a memo issued by the Office of the Vice-Chancellor and signed by the Exams and Time-Table Coordinator, Prof. Dani Mamman, said that the examinations would be rescheduled until the strike was suspended.

“In view of the non-teaching staff strike, the above examinations will be rescheduled until the current strike is suspended.”

NAN

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tags: Joint Action CommitteeNASUSSANU
Previous Post

Ebonyi lifts curfew on Amasiri Community

Next Post

Court admits evidence of coup plotters confession

Credible News

Credible News

Next Post
Two killers of Imo monarch to face fresh charges in Abuja court, March 12

Court admits evidence of coup plotters confession

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

November 18, 2024
Police warn Lagosians against economic disturbance during NLC protest

Police in Kano urges caution as Muslims begin Ramadan

March 11, 2024
In the dark: UCH’s mounting power crisis

Is UCH in darkness: Need for responsible journalism!

February 9, 2025
Tiktok

Court remands Tik Toker for posting President Tinubu’s obituary

July 25, 2025
Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

2

ADC begins online membership registration

2
Biden arrives Israel

Biden visits Israel amidst killing of more Palestinians

1
handcuffs

Police arrests 34-year-old man for raping 90-year-old woman

1
Peter Obi emerges NDC sole presidential aspirant

0bi emerges NDC’s only presidential aspirant

May 19, 2026
Court to rule May 26 on Jonathan eligibility suit

Court to rule May 26 on Jonathan eligibility suit

May 19, 2026
Pop star Shakira wins legal victory in tax dispute

Shakira wins legal victory in tax dispute

May 19, 2026

Arsenal scrap through Burnley

May 18, 2026

Recent News

Peter Obi emerges NDC sole presidential aspirant

0bi emerges NDC’s only presidential aspirant

May 19, 2026
Court to rule May 26 on Jonathan eligibility suit

Court to rule May 26 on Jonathan eligibility suit

May 19, 2026
Pop star Shakira wins legal victory in tax dispute

Shakira wins legal victory in tax dispute

May 19, 2026

Arsenal scrap through Burnley

May 18, 2026
Credible News

At Credible News we seek, process and serve news, opinions and analyses that are verifiable and reliable.
We also provide readers with authentic and credible facts and figures, news, opinions and analyses to make informed choices.

Follow Us

Browse by Category

  • Accident
  • Agriculture
  • Banking
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Development
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Foreign
  • Global Trade
  • Health
  • Human Interest
  • ICT
  • Interviews
  • Legal
  • Life Style
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Trending
  • Women

Recent News

Peter Obi emerges NDC sole presidential aspirant

0bi emerges NDC’s only presidential aspirant

May 19, 2026
Court to rule May 26 on Jonathan eligibility suit

Court to rule May 26 on Jonathan eligibility suit

May 19, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.