Bayern Munich midfielder Jamal Musiala has revealed that he is receiving medical treatment for a neurological dysfunction after collapsing during a match for the second time in four days.
The 23-year-old collapsed six minutes after coming on as a substitute during Bayern Munich’s 4-2 friendly victory over Heidenheim.
Musiala appeared dazed and required medical attention before being helped off the pitch. The incident came just four days after he had also collapsed during Bayern’s 3-1 friendly win over RB Leipzig in Munich.
Following the latest episode, Musiala took to Instagram to reassure fans and explain his condition.
He said he had been diagnosed with temporary and brief absence seizures caused by a neurological dysfunction, adding that the condition was treatable.
Jamal said the condition could lead to episodes such as those witnessed during the matches against Leipzig and Heidenheim.
Also Read: Bayern prepares new deal for Michael Olise
The midfielder acknowledged that the incidents could appear frightening but said he was receiving excellent medical care and remained optimistic about his recovery.
He also expressed appreciation for the support of Bayern Munich, his family and friends as he manages the condition.
Following Tuesday’s match, Bayern sporting director Max Eberl said the club was aware of Musiala’s situation and expected the player to address it himself.
Eberl explained that Musiala was in the dressing room after the match and would speak about the matter later.
The latest incidents come after Musiala spent the first six months of last season recovering from an ankle injury sustained at the 2025 Club World Cup.
He eventually returned during the second half of the campaign and went on to start three of Germany’s four matches at the 2026 World Cup.
Musiala’s latest health episodes are expected to be closely monitored by Bayern Munich’s medical team as he continues his recovery and preparation for the new season.
BBC














