Credible News
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Credible News
No Result
View All Result

NDLEA busts Meth factory in Oyo, arrests Mexican

Five suspects, among them a 56-year-old Mexican methamphetamine specialist

Victor Kayode by Victor Kayode
June 24, 2026
in Crime, Health, Legal, News
0
NDLEA operatives' bursts meth lab

NDLEA operatives' bursts meth lab

0
SHARES
1
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

Operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, have uncovered and dismantled an industrial-scale clandestine methamphetamine laboratory operated by a suspected Nigerian Mexican cartel in Tapa Village, Ibarapa North Local Government Area of Oyo State.

The agency said five suspects, including a 56-year-old Mexican methamphetamine expert, were arrested during the raid carried out on June 24, 2026.

The development comes barely four weeks after the NDLEA dismantled a similar meth laboratory in a forest in Ijebu East, Ogun State.

Naija News reports that speaking at a press briefing in Abuja on Wednesday, the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the NDLEA, Brig. Gen. Mohamed Buba Marwa, retd., said the latest discovery showed attempts by drug cartels to turn the South-West into a synthetic drug manufacturing hub.

Marwa, who was represented by the Director of Media and Advocacy, Femi Babafemi, said the Oyo facility was not a small operation but a sophisticated production centre. “This was not a rudimentary setup; it was a sophisticated, highly organized transnational syndicate,” he said.

He identified the arrested Mexican suspect as Jose Villa Ochoa, who was allegedly brought into Nigeria to provide technical expertise for large-scale methamphetamine production.

The four Nigerian suspects were named as Maxwell Uche Nevoh, 30; Olatunji Yusuf, 37; Bankole Akeem Owolabi, 45; and Ganiu Monsiu, 43.

Marwa said a specialized team from the agency’s Directorate of Forensic and Chemical Monitoring visited the site on June 18 to conduct forensic examination of the facility.

Also Read: Makinde declares 16-hour curfew in Oyo North region

According to him, the team discovered what he described as a “massive, factory-level production line of poison.” He said the laboratory was fully stocked with precursor chemicals, industrial catalysts and heavy-duty processing equipment.

The chemicals and materials recovered included Phenyl-2-propanone, Phenylacetic acid, caustic soda, sulphuric acid, tartaric acid, thioglycolic acid, ethyl phenylacetate and cartons of aluminium foil. Other items recovered included drums containing crystalline substances and dark liquid undergoing synthesis.

The agency said industrial processing equipment found at the site included one reactor pot, mounted distillation units, fabricated mixers and condensers, as well as vegetable dehydrator machines allegedly used for drying crystals.

Marwa said field tests conducted by forensic experts confirmed that samples of the finished crystals tested positive for methamphetamine. He added that all exhibits had been safely evacuated, documented and preserved for court presentation.

“This is yet another multibillion-naira worth of illicit substances and production equipment ready to push millions of doses of synthetic drugs into our streets, communities and the international community but for the vigilance of our dedicated officers,” he said.

The NDLEA chairman warned local and international drug cartels that Nigeria would not serve as a safe haven for illicit drug production or trafficking.

“Let the message go out clearly to all drug cartels, domestic and international, that Nigeria is not, and will never be, a safe haven for your illicit trade,” Marwa said.

“We will find you in the cities, we will track you into the forests, and we will dismantle your infrastructure of death. “They thought hiding in dense forests would shield them from the long arm of the law. They were wrong.”

Marwa commended officers of the Oyo State Command involved in the operation for their professionalism and courage.

He also thanked members of the public for providing credible information, saying cooperation between citizens and law enforcement remained crucial in the fight against drug trafficking.

 

NAIJA NEWS

Tags: Brig. Gen. Mohamed Buba Marwa (retd.)Femi BabafemiNational Drug Law Enforcement Agency
Previous Post

Pilgrims may get NUSUK cards early for 2027 hajj

Next Post

Protest rocks Lagos-Ore expressway over police extortion

Victor Kayode

Victor Kayode

Next Post
Truck Drivers Block Lagos/Ore/Benin Highway

Protest rocks Lagos-Ore expressway over police extortion

NRS Advertisement

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

November 18, 2024
Police warn Lagosians against economic disturbance during NLC protest

Police in Kano urges caution as Muslims begin Ramadan

March 11, 2024
Bandits kidnap students of Federal University of Gusau

Gunmen kill nine in Plateau State

October 2, 2023
In the dark: UCH’s mounting power crisis

Is UCH in darkness: Need for responsible journalism!

February 9, 2025
Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

2

ADC begins online membership registration

2
Biden arrives Israel

Biden visits Israel amidst killing of more Palestinians

1
handcuffs

Police arrests 34-year-old man for raping 90-year-old woman

1
President Bola Tinubu speaks on the Federal Government’s plan to restore the Port Harcourt and Warri refineries to sustained and profitable operations.

Port Harcourt, Warri refineries will work, Tinubu assures

August 17, 2026
Several vehicles are submerged in floodwater after heavy rainfall causes flooding in parts of Abuja, highlighting growing concerns over drainage infrastructure, blocked waterways and rapid urban development in the Federal Capital Territory.

Abuja residents slam Wike after heavy flooding

August 17, 2026

Encomiums trail Ojo’s retirement from NAN

August 17, 2026
Super Falcons head coach Justine Madugu

NFF sacks Super Falcons trainers after AFCON flop

August 17, 2026

Recent News

President Bola Tinubu speaks on the Federal Government’s plan to restore the Port Harcourt and Warri refineries to sustained and profitable operations.

Port Harcourt, Warri refineries will work, Tinubu assures

August 17, 2026
Several vehicles are submerged in floodwater after heavy rainfall causes flooding in parts of Abuja, highlighting growing concerns over drainage infrastructure, blocked waterways and rapid urban development in the Federal Capital Territory.

Abuja residents slam Wike after heavy flooding

August 17, 2026

Encomiums trail Ojo’s retirement from NAN

August 17, 2026
Super Falcons head coach Justine Madugu

NFF sacks Super Falcons trainers after AFCON flop

August 17, 2026
Credible News

At Credible News we seek, process and serve news, opinions and analyses that are verifiable and reliable.
We also provide readers with authentic and credible facts and figures, news, opinions and analyses to make informed choices.

Follow Us

Browse by Category

  • Accident
  • Agriculture
  • Banking
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Development
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Foreign
  • Global Trade
  • Health
  • Human Interest
  • ICT
  • Interviews
  • Legal
  • Life Style
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Trending
  • Women

Recent News

President Bola Tinubu speaks on the Federal Government’s plan to restore the Port Harcourt and Warri refineries to sustained and profitable operations.

Port Harcourt, Warri refineries will work, Tinubu assures

August 17, 2026
Several vehicles are submerged in floodwater after heavy rainfall causes flooding in parts of Abuja, highlighting growing concerns over drainage infrastructure, blocked waterways and rapid urban development in the Federal Capital Territory.

Abuja residents slam Wike after heavy flooding

August 17, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.