Credible News
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports
No Result
View All Result
Credible News
No Result
View All Result

JNI, Sani condemn Kaduna mob killing, seek justice

Decry growing lawlessness, misinformation and resort to jungle justice.

Credible News by Credible News
June 28, 2026
in Crime, Human Interest, Legal, Life Style, News, Security
0
0
SHARES
2
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The Jama’atu Nasril Islam JNI, has condemned the mob killing of Malama Ummulkhairi Usman in Mararaban Jos, Kaduna State, even as Governor Uba Sani has pledged support for her family and promised that those responsible will be prosecuted.

In a statement issued by its Secretary-General, Prof. Khalid Aliyu, the organisation, led by the Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar, said it was shocked by the incident, which it described as a sign of growing lawlessness, misinformation and resort to jungle justice.

JNI said the killing reflected “collective irresponsibility and moral degeneration” capable of threatening peace and stability in the country. It warned that the spread of false allegations and inciting narratives had become dangerous, exposing innocent people to humiliation, violence and death.

“No society survives when emotions replace evidence and mob actions replace institutions of justice. Sadly, our society is dangerously drifting from civilisation toward barbarism, where anger has replaced reason and collective violence has become normalised,” the statement said.

Also Read: EFCC nabs Mamman, former minister in Kaduna

The organisation extended condolences to the family of the deceased, the Kaduna State Government, the Muslim community and other Nigerians affected by the incident. It also prayed for Allah’s mercy on the deceased and for strength for her family.

JNI called for an immediate, transparent and impartial investigation into the killing and urged security agencies to identify and prosecute all those directly or indirectly involved.

It also sought an inquiry into allegations that the Divisional Police Officer of Mararaban Jos Division failed to protect the victim and allegedly surrendered her to the mob, saying any officer found negligent, complicit or guilty of misconduct should face the law.

The group further called for compensation, or Diyya, to be paid to the bereaved family and urged the Kaduna State Government to provide humanitarian assistance and long-term support to the deceased’s dependants, including the education and welfare of her children and psychological support for the family.

JNI also asked Islamic scholars, imams, community leaders and Muslim organisations across the country to intensify public enlightenment on the prohibition of mob action, the dangers of acting on rumours and the sanctity of human life.

Governor Sani, during a condolence visit to the family on Saturday in Mararaban Jos, Igabi Local Government Area, also condemned the killing and pledged government support for the deceased’s husband and four children, including sponsorship of the children’s education.

He described the killing as tragic and said all those involved would be brought to justice.

Ummulkhairi, an Islamic teacher, was allegedly attacked and burnt by a mob after she was accused of attempting to kidnap children. The incident occurred penultimate Sunday in Mararaban Jos along the Kaduna-Zaria Expressway.

The governor said he was outside Kaduna on official duty when the incident happened, but immediately directed senior government officials to visit the family.

He said security agencies had intensified investigations into the case and that 41 suspects had so far been prosecuted for alleged culpable homicide, while another 41 persons were investigated in connection with the incident. He added that 30 suspects had also been charged with unlawful assembly.

Sani said no individual, regardless of status, would be shielded from prosecution and that the government would ensure justice was done to discourage mob action across the state. He also directed security agencies to investigate the alleged complicity of some personnel, including the role of the DPO in Mararaban Jos.

 

NAN

Tags: Gov. Uba SaniJNIMaraban Jos
Previous Post

South Africa, Canada open round of 32 matches today

Next Post

Blue Chip companies back SUPERNEWS Confab, 10th Anniversary

Credible News

Credible News

Next Post
SUPERNEWS Confab and 10th Anniversary set for Lagos in July.

Blue Chip companies back SUPERNEWS Confab, 10th Anniversary

NRS Advertisement

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Trending
  • Comments
  • Latest
Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

Kwara State university campus in Osi ready for first lectures

November 18, 2024
Police warn Lagosians against economic disturbance during NLC protest

Police in Kano urges caution as Muslims begin Ramadan

March 11, 2024
Bandits kidnap students of Federal University of Gusau

Gunmen kill nine in Plateau State

October 2, 2023
In the dark: UCH’s mounting power crisis

Is UCH in darkness: Need for responsible journalism!

February 9, 2025
Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

Corper recounts ordeal of Agunechemba attack, seeks prosecution

2

ADC begins online membership registration

2
Biden arrives Israel

Biden visits Israel amidst killing of more Palestinians

1
handcuffs

Police arrests 34-year-old man for raping 90-year-old woman

1
President Bola Tinubu speaks on the Federal Government’s plan to restore the Port Harcourt and Warri refineries to sustained and profitable operations.

Port Harcourt, Warri refineries will work, Tinubu assures

August 17, 2026
Several vehicles are submerged in floodwater after heavy rainfall causes flooding in parts of Abuja, highlighting growing concerns over drainage infrastructure, blocked waterways and rapid urban development in the Federal Capital Territory.

Abuja residents slam Wike after heavy flooding

August 17, 2026

Encomiums trail Ojo’s retirement from NAN

August 17, 2026
Super Falcons head coach Justine Madugu

NFF sacks Super Falcons trainers after AFCON flop

August 17, 2026

Recent News

President Bola Tinubu speaks on the Federal Government’s plan to restore the Port Harcourt and Warri refineries to sustained and profitable operations.

Port Harcourt, Warri refineries will work, Tinubu assures

August 17, 2026
Several vehicles are submerged in floodwater after heavy rainfall causes flooding in parts of Abuja, highlighting growing concerns over drainage infrastructure, blocked waterways and rapid urban development in the Federal Capital Territory.

Abuja residents slam Wike after heavy flooding

August 17, 2026

Encomiums trail Ojo’s retirement from NAN

August 17, 2026
Super Falcons head coach Justine Madugu

NFF sacks Super Falcons trainers after AFCON flop

August 17, 2026
Credible News

At Credible News we seek, process and serve news, opinions and analyses that are verifiable and reliable.
We also provide readers with authentic and credible facts and figures, news, opinions and analyses to make informed choices.

Follow Us

Browse by Category

  • Accident
  • Agriculture
  • Banking
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Development
  • Economy
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Foreign
  • Global Trade
  • Health
  • Human Interest
  • ICT
  • Interviews
  • Legal
  • Life Style
  • News
  • Oil & Gas
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Security
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Trending
  • Women

Recent News

President Bola Tinubu speaks on the Federal Government’s plan to restore the Port Harcourt and Warri refineries to sustained and profitable operations.

Port Harcourt, Warri refineries will work, Tinubu assures

August 17, 2026
Several vehicles are submerged in floodwater after heavy rainfall causes flooding in parts of Abuja, highlighting growing concerns over drainage infrastructure, blocked waterways and rapid urban development in the Federal Capital Territory.

Abuja residents slam Wike after heavy flooding

August 17, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Conflict
  • Crime
  • Education
  • Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Foreign
  • Health
  • ICT
  • Legal
  • Politics
  • Security
  • Sports

© 2024 Credible News - The place for all factual stories. Designed by VintoICT Solutions.